Not loading after update

Homepage Forums Technical Support Not loading after update

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    AmazingSandwich
    Participant

I installed the update an unfortunately when I try to either apply settings, apply and close or even manually run vorpxcontrol now it crashes :(

Giving me a pop-up box with this:
    “The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000018)”

Ralf
    Keymaster

The most likely cause of something like this is a conflict with your virus scanner or other security software. Please try to disable/uninstall it and see whether that helps.

If it does, exclude the vorpX program folder (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Animation Labs\vorpX) from scanning. Most av scanners allow to exclude directories.

AmazingSandwich
    Participant

Hmm allowing it didn’t work but disabling it entirely did. They seemed to be working together prior to update :/ either way thanks for help.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Unfortunately that can happen with some av programs with each new vorpX version. Quite annoying. Ideally please report the issue as false positive to your av vendor, so they can fix this. You can also let me know which av program you are using. Then I can report it to them.

BTW: My personal recommendation would be to use Windows Defender, which has become quite good over time and isn’t as overzealous as some of the others. There only was one issue with Windows Defender in over three years now.

Shirley
    Participant

I have also been having this issue. Vorpx seems to be running on it’s own but Vorpconfig just closes with that error. I do not have any virus software installed, disabled Windows Defender and reinstalled Framework 3.5. Killed any possible task in the background. Nothing seems to work.
    I would really like to run SkyrimSE prelim profiles but I can’t load them without the config. Not sure what else to try. Is there another way to install the profiles without the vorpconfig? All the vorpx settings seem to work in inside a game but without the SkyrimSE profile I’m not getting any 3D support and it looks bad.

What else could I try to get the config to work? Also started as admin and that doesn’t work either. Seems so weird to me that vorpx works but the config does not.

I also sent email to vorpx support with no response. I bought it to use specifically with Fallout 4 and SkyrimSE. Fallout 4 at least had a profile installed so that’s working.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!