Nothing Helps, Nothing Work

Homepage Forums Technical Support Nothing Helps, Nothing Work

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Killer1812
    Participant

I bought Vorpx today and nothing works. I tried to turn off antivir, turn off any potencially complicating programs, any game is hooking up, even Vorpx Desktop doesn’t work. It loads and it loads and it loads…. or prompts error about unability to attach vorpx desktop. My Vr is Oculus Rift S.
    My rig is RTX 2080, i7-9750H and 16 GB of RAM.
    Please help me.

Ralf
    Keymaster

That’s almost certainly some hooking conflict. If you use anything else that Windows Defender most likely your AV program although you may think you disabled it. Some more annoying ones flatout block Windows functions vorpX uses to hook into programs. Even if you disable the actual scanner these blocks may still be active. An example of that is BitDefender.

If you use Windows Defender this doesn’t apply, but if you use anything else try to uninstall your Av software for testing purposes. On Windows 10 Windows Defender will kick in instead. Usually more invasive third party AV programs are largely unneccesary on Windows 10.

Killer1812
    Participant

Hello,
    I did uninstall my AV – I had got Bitdefender. Vorpx even now doesn’t work, even when I turn off real time protection on WIndows Defender.
    Please Help me.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please reinstall vorpX after removing BitDefender, just in case it deleted some files. Also remove any other “security” software you may have installed except Windows Defender, which should not get in the way.

Killer1812
    Participant

Ok, I’ll do it and tell you what happens next.

Killer1812
    Participant

Hello Again,
    Even now after all this tries Vorpx can’t load to end, it loads, loads, loads and close itself. Please help me. I’ve got no idea what to do.

Ralf
    Keymaster

One more thing you could try in case of hooking issues is activating the ‘Alternative Hooking’ method in the config app. It might help, but some games require the normal hooking method.

Also please double check (again) for anything on your PC that might also hook into games. If you didn’t do that already, check the pinned trouble shooting guide on top of this sub-forum, it lists various potential cnadidates and also some other, less common, potential issues that may cause your problem.

Killer1812
    Participant

I’m sorry to tell that, but even this alternative hooking method doesn’t work and it prompts with error unable to inject hooking failed and should vorpx try to close desktop viewer. Please tell me what to do next.

Killer1812
    Participant

I have double checked all your troubleshooting guide and it didn’t help too, i’ve got no programs left to make problems with vorpx.

Ralf
    Keymaster

If vorpX cannot hook into any game at all, there has to be somethong interfering.

Please also check the other, less usual things, mentioned in the guide.

If you cannot solve the issue, create a trouble shoot data archive in the config app after trying to launch a few games and send that to support |at| vorpx com, I’ll check whether you maybe overlooked something after the weekend.

Killer1812
    Participant

Ok, I sent it. Waiting for answer.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Seems like you may have overlooked the laptop related part when you double checked the guide: the desktop viewer will not work on your laptop unless you disable the internal GPU since the desktop runs on the Intel GPU while your headset is connected to the nVidia GPU.

You may be able to launch games directly, but the desktop viewer will definitely not work with your configuration. If possible disable the internal GPU in your laptop BIOS to avoid any potential problems related to your dual GPU setup.

There are also still background processes running that may hook into games. Most importantly some Razer bloatware (FPSRunner) that almost certainly hooks into games similar to vorpX and may cause a conflict. Same for Skype.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!