Nothing will open up with VorpX in VR, need help please.

Homepage Forums Technical Support Nothing will open up with VorpX in VR, need help please.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    renoracer
    Participant

Hello,
    I’ve spent around 12 hours since purchasing VorpX just fiddling with the VorpX settings. This is because none of the games I want to play in VR work.

I have tried so far:
    – Vanilla Skyrim
    – Skyrim SE (I uninstalled vanilla to see if SE would work, it did not)
    – Fallout 3
    – Fallout 4
    – Portal 2

Most of these titles should automatically open up in VR and run fairly well, providing you follow the correct instructions on how to configure. I am using Steam VR with the Vive.

However, I have followed instructions for each game, and nothing will open up in VR. I configure the profiles, then optimise them for the game I want to play, then I go to my library and open it up. But when I click ‘play’, the game will only open on my desktop, not inside my Vive.

I don’t know why this is. VorpX should convert these games into my headset, but it is not. If I am missing a step, which one is that?

I’ve spent so long trying to get games to work, somebody please tell me what I’m doing wrong here.

Thank you.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The obvious thing first: double check whether you have selected “Steam VR (HTC Vive)” as your headset type in the config app.

If that is the case and vorpX still does not hook into any game, there almost certainly is an injection conflict with some other program on your PC. The most likely candidates are virus scanners, any sort of GPU/CPU utility, video recording software, chat programs and generally everything that can show notifications/overlays in games.

Best way to trouble shoot is disabling all programs running in the background and then add them back one by one to see what’s the culprit. If you use anything else than Windows Defender, consider the virus scanner the most likely troublemaker by far.

renoracer
    Participant

Thank you for your response.

I have checked and the ‘SteamVR (HTC Vive)’ setting has already been set.

I had also assumed that another program was blocking VorpX. I have disabled my antivirus and tried to run it, which has not worked. I then thought it could have something to do with my AMD drivers. I disabled those and closed those processes. It still isn’t working.

The only program left that can show notifications/overlays is Steam itself, which I need to run these games.

I had initially set up VorpX to run Skyrim SE, and loaded those profiles right off the bat then spent hours tweaking it and trying to get VorpX to open SkyrimSE in my Vive. I’m not sure if this could affect anything, but I felt it was worth noting. I’d be happy with just Skyrim working honestly.

Is there anything else left to try?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please try to unintall your AV if it’s anything else than Windows Defender. Some particularly invasive AV programs do not allow their users to really disable them. One example would be BitDefender where the so called “Advanced Threat Protection” would still block vorpX besides the scanner being disabled. There might be others behaving similarly obscure.

In addition to that make sure that your monitor and your headset are plugged into the same GPU if you are using a multi-GPU system.

renoracer
    Participant

Both monitor and my vive are connected to the same GPU.

I have just uninstalled my McAfee antivirus (essentially wiped it from my PC), and there is no difference. My games just refuse to open in VR and I don’t understand why.

As far as I know I have set up VorpX correctly too.

I appreciate your help very much, but I am out of ideas myself. If I continue to face problems with the software, would it be possible to get a refund?

I may still strike lucky and get it to work if there’s any other tips/fixes.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please send a mail to support |at| vorpx com.

Ideally create a trouble shoot data archive in the config app after starting a few games and attach that to the e-mail. Please allow some time for an answer.

mr_belowski
    Participant

Do you use ReVive? VorpX was attempting to hook this and adding it to the list of vorpx exclusions fixed a similar issue for me

renoracer
    Participant

I’ve still had no luck with it.

Now my programs open up in a black screen, and still nothing is going onto my Vive.

I spent a lot of my money on this software, I’m quite disappointed I haven’t got it to work.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please send a mail to support |at| vorpx com.

Ideally create a trouble shoot data archive in the config app after starting a few games and attach that to the e-mail. Please allow some time for an answer.

renoracer
    Participant

I have sent an email to support a few hours ago. I am stil waiting for a response.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please allow some time for an answer. Your issue will be taken care of.

Since we are preparing a major update release for tomorrow right now, there won’t be time for individual support until after the weekend. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

renoracer
    Participant

Okay, I expect my issue to be taken care of afterwards. Thank you for letting me know.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’m not sure whether you ever experienced support anywhere that got back to you immediately, but that would certainly be rather unusual.

Thanks again for your patience.

renoracer
    Participant

No worries.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!