Nothing works any more – black screen or just one eye headfirst

Homepage Forums Technical Support Nothing works any more – black screen or just one eye headfirst

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    wm79
    Participant

I do not know what happened – but nothing works any more without being able to tell you if and what I changed. Genuine Oculus supported games still work fine (Assetto Corsa, Projects Cars etc). As soon as I start VorpX Control and try to start Vorpx Control supported games it does not work any more:
    Fallout 4: Image on just one eye.
    Battlefield 4: Image on just one eye – picture is headfirst. Engaging virtual cinema brings normal image.
    CS: Global Offensive: Black screen. Alt-Tabbing out and then into the game shortly shows sandwatch in oculus lower right.
    CS: HL2 Engine: See CS: Global Offensive.

Any suggestions on how to fix these problems?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Sounds like you may (probably inadvertantly) have disabled head tracking. There currently is a bug that causes pretty much what you describe with head tracking disabled on Oculus. You can re-enable it in the config app.

If you want to disable head tracking for a game, for now set the sensitivity to 0.0 instead as a workaround. That doesn’t trigger the bug. Or – for playing in Virtual Cinema Mode – use the “Lock Head Tracking” option.

wm79
    Participant

This indeed did the trick. But there is a question now. I tried to disable head tracking because I do not want the head tracking to affect the weapon aim. For me, the “Quake-solution” is perfect. They did a “quakespasm”-mod so Quake 1 supports rift. I can adjust Quake so that I look around with the Rift without my head movement affecting crosshair. Crosshair is just affected by mouse movement. How do I do that in CS:GO / Source and in BF4? I think it is the perfect solution for shooters on the Rift.

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you want to disable head tracking for a game, for now set the sensitivity to 0.0 instead as a workaround. That doesn’t trigger the bug.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!