NVidia 3dvision hacks – relevant to VorpX?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion NVidia 3dvision hacks – relevant to VorpX?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    andybak
    Participant

Apologies if this has been covered before but I had a search and couldn’t find a clear answer.

This comment: https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/5q0inc/how_many_of_you_are_still_waiting_for_so_were/dcvsfjz/

1. An EDID edit on the driver to get interlaced 3D rather than Red/Green
    2. Post processing the interleaved 3D to give SBS 3D

explains a technique to get some games to output SBS 3D via a series of hacks.

Ralf – how much is this relevant to VorpX. Is it not the case that any game that can output NVidia 3D Vision Red/Green could be hooked into to give Geometry 3D?

I’m fairly sure you’ve looked into this but I just wondered if there was scope for a generic G3D process that might involve less manual work from your side.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I always thought they made these EDID hacks unusable years ago. Even if it works, it doesn’t give you anything else than interlaced 3D output, which is not even half of what is required. Head tracking, FOV etc. also have to be covered. If at all this would only make (limited) sense in cinema mode.

Should I have too much time at some point (which for the foreseeable future is not very likely), I may take a look at this, but don’t hold your breath for it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!