nvidia announces DLDSR, revolution ?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion nvidia announces DLDSR, revolution ?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    steph12
    Participant

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-announces-dldsr-deep-learning-dynamic-super-resolution-coming-to-geforce-drivers-on-january-14th

maybe it will be usable with vorpx ?
    on the paper it sounds great, what do you guys think ?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Looks interesting, but always keep in mind that vorpX already has FSR upscaling built into its pipeline. None of these algorithms, AI or not, is some kind of magic that (figuratively speaking) can create a poster out of a stamp by stacking multiple upscale layers on top of each other.

Lawrence1962
    Participant

I hope that this something like a super ultra quality mode of DLSS, which is usable in the Cyberpunk Mod to get a clean image with DLSS ! In my opinonen DLSS is in AFR Mods no alternative to TAA, where TAA is bad enough in VR. I hope that the new DLDSR is like the great vorpx FSR upscaling from Ralf, but at the quality level of DLSS, because it’s a hardware based method. I hope that it will work out of the box with vorpx in any game, via the nvidia driver. Perhaps we will get a decent Antialiasing method for VR with acceptable performance cost, which is much better than TAA !

Lawrence1962
    Participant

Is DLDSR basically compatible with dx11 G3D ?

steph12
    Participant

i dont know, but it seems to be underwhelming, not as good as it seemed at first :/
    that prey screenshot was so misleading, maybe one of the only game working good with that tech.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Random shower thought: I can’t help the feeling that most of the people deveoping these upscalers at AMD and nVidia probably aren’t particulary happy with what there marketing departments do with them.

Lawrence1962
    Participant

Perhaps we have to wait for 2.0 Release, DLSS 1.0 was same crap

Ralf
    Keymaster

This basically is DLSS. Can’t be said often enough: these things aren’t magic. They are useful to a degree, but they can’t do wonders.

Lawrence1962
    Participant

The quality is at the level of DLSS 1.0 !

I tested some custom resolutions and custom aspect ratios with the CRU Tool, which modify the nativ resolution of my TV to any resolution i need.
    The DLDSR was able to run in 4:3 and much higher resolutions than 1440p or 1620p.

The result is, that even in 4:3 resolutions the performance is not good enough, and even in higher resolutions the image is not sharp enough !

G3D works, but it is not worth to use DLDSR.

DLDSR is not open source, so nobody can modify it for our needs. The vorpx FSR feature is great, but DLDSR is not worth it !

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!