Oblivion 30FPS and less despite high-end system?

Homepage Forums Technical Support Oblivion 30FPS and less despite high-end system?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bankert123
    Participant

Hello guys,

I have experienced some technical issues with TES Oblivion. I know, VorpX and VR in general is very demanding regarding your system. Anyway I think that 25-30 FPS in Oblivion is even with VorpX very poor.
    This is my setup:

Intel i7 7700k, 4.2GHz
    GeForce GTX 1080

While looking up this problem I found some topics here in the forum. Like I said before, I know that low FPS might be normal; but looking at these topics, I found people with over 60-90 FPS in Skyrim (and even more in Oblivion). So what am I doing wrong? Is there some kind of setting I missed? Btw, I’m using a Vive; if that’s important.

bankert123
    Participant

Oh, forgot about that:

Graphic settings ingame are also lowest.

BuckleBean
    Participant

That doesn’t seem right to me given your CPU & GPU. I had been playing Oblivion recently with a 7700k @ 5ghz & a 1080 and getting solid performance with most settings high, minus AA. I’m using a rift, though.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ bankert : That is indeed not how it’s supposed to be. 30fps suspiciously sounds like a somehow locked/v-synced refresh rate. vorpX should take care of VSync, but it’s worth a try to disable it in the graphics driver control panel to be extra sure.

IIRC from my long gone Oblivion modding days there also are mods that artificially cap the frame rate to 30, e.g. the Oblivion Stutter Remover. If you ever used that mod or a similar one, try a totally fresh Oblivion install in case the mod made changes that aren’t reversible by uninstalling it.

Also deleting your Oblivion.ini is worth a shot. The game will create a new one on start.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!