Oblivion after update

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Oblivion after update

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Satya
    Participant

Anyone playing Oblivion after the new update? I was having crashes and UI bugs, until I deleted all of my mods and re-installed. I’d love to know what you guys are running with the new update (e.g. what won’t break the game). I’m running smoothly with 1920×1440 resolution, large textures, high settings (HDR).

prinyo
    Participant

Similarly to Oldrim the game will crash after consuming more than 3.1GB RAM. There is ENB Boost for Oblivion to prevent that.

Satya
    Participant

Trying the 4GB memory patch, the stutter remover, and OBSE..for now. So far it works, though sometimes after the FOV changes and I use the Alt-V fix, my FPS drops by about half.

Ralf
    Keymaster

With a larger FOV more has to be rendered which affects performance. Half sounds pretty extreme, but I would assume that is what you see.

Satya
    Participant

Ralf, the fps drop is atypical, I don’t know why it happens. Generally fps is good, just reporting it as an infrequent occurrence.

Satya
    Participant

Also, there is a mod, “FOV Modifier”, that will reset FOV after npc dialogs. The only problem is that when you look around the view warps a bit. I uninstalled because of this, but thought if this mod can do it surely, maybe in an update, Vorpx could accomplish this as well.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!