Oculus audio change warnings

Homepage Forums Technical Support Oculus audio change warnings

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    chisel316
    Participant

Since last night I started getting warnings from Oculus that my audio device has changed and I need to restart. I only get them when using VorpX and it’s making it impossible to play anything because it shuts down the game and forces me to restart the Oculus software in order to play again. I’m not touching the audio device so I’m not sure why these messages are popping up. I already opened a ticket with Oculus, but I figure I’d also post it here since it only happens when I’m playing a game with VorpX.

Thanks,
    chisel316

Ralf
    Keymaster

Maybe they added that in the last Oculus Home update, I’ll check it. I wonder why that would do something like that. The Oculus runtime becomes more patronizing with every new build…

Unchecking the “Use built-in audio device” checkbox in the vorpX config app will probably get rid of it. You will then have to select your Rift’s audio device manually in Windows if you want to use the head phones.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Couldn’t replicate that here after trying a few games. Oculus version 1.11.0.335615 (1.11.0.335772), which seems to be the latest. Could you provide exact steps to reproduce the issue?

chisel316
    Participant

Ah, that was it! I’m using external headphones since my Rift seems to have developed wiring issues on the right side. Since that option wasn’t checked in the VorpX config, the software was probably trying to reset the audio back to the Rift device. I’m not sure why it just started happening yesterday, but unchecking that option did the trick! Thanks, Ralf!

Peace \/
    chisel316

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!