Oculus Home makes VorpX even more relevant

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Oculus Home makes VorpX even more relevant

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    lipplog
    Participant

I don’t know how far off Ralf’s update is, but I’m already counting the hours. If you still need to be convinced why VorpX is a “must-have” application, then check out the content on the new Oculus Home site. Warning: to do so, you will have to uninstall runtime 0.8, which means losing access to your VorpX driver (until Ralf’s next update). A decision I’m already regretting after a few of days of trying out most of Oculus’s “Nintendoish” content. Maybe it’s just be a matter of taste, but if Lucky’s Tale had been my first experience in VR, I never would have been impressed enough to actually buy a headset. I’m already considering downgrading back to 0.8 just so I can return to Skyrim, GTA V, and CoD which ironically feels like “real VR” compared to what I’ve been stuck with the last 3 days.

NOTE: I am using a DK2, not a CV1, if that matters. But as Ralf has stated he plans a version of VorpX for Vive, I may upgrade to that instead.

lipplog
    Participant

Just learned there’s a new runtime switcher that let’s you upgrade to the new Oculus Runtime without uninstalling the old one, and therefore lets you keep running VorpX for now…

Oculus Runtime Switcher (0.5/0.6/0.7/0.8/1.3) with GUI
    byu/dr-kaii inoculus

im.thatoneguy
    Participant

I disagree completely. Lucky’s tale is one of the best VR experiences that there is. The stereo is great for judging jump distances and actually makes the game better. I was really surprised by how much I enjoy Lucky’s tale as a VR demo. It also solves one of the more difficult problems with platformers which is controlling the camera.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!