Oculus Quest now officially confirmed to work

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Oculus Quest now officially confirmed to work

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

I finally got an Oculus Link capable USB 3 cable for Oculus Quest and can now officially confirm that vorpX works fine via Oculus Link. No more workarounds required with additional streaming software. So if you have a Quest, a decent gaming PC, and an Oculus Link capable USB 3 cable, vorpX will work just as good as with a PCVR headset.

The overall experience is largely comparable to using a Rift (S), maybe a little bit of added latency, also the image looks slightly softer due to compression. Nothing to complain about though and in comparison to Rift S there even is a pretty big plus in the form of Quest’s noticably blacker OLED blacks.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Cool. Another good reason to own a Quest.

I got to try one with native apps over the holiday, it’s a nice bit of kit. The wifi streaming worked better than I expected.

I’m pretty put off by the comfort though, and could only wear it for 20 minutes at a time. Maybe some counter weight and strap upgrades would help some, but without I’m not sure it will be ideal for longer vorpX sessions. But still, this is good news for Quest owners.

One day we’ll get that ultra high res oled.

freelivorno
    Participant

work with virtual desktop?

capnkimo
    Participant

Sweet, although I’ll probably just use the Quest with Shadow PC, but its still good to know it officially works with OL.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ freelivorno: I never tried that myself, but according to some other users it works wireless via VD. IIRC there is just one little pitfall: you have to set vorpX to SteamVR instead of Oculus.

jeroenvangeel
    Participant

I’m also going great with Quest and vorpX!
    This application makes me so much fun!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!