Oculus Rift S Owners

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Oculus Rift S Owners

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Maarculus
    Participant

What is your IPD please? My pupillary distance is 59,5-61 via online measure and I’m worried… I don’t know what to do – CV1 already sold :) Maybe wait for VIVE Cosmos or HP Reverb? I still want to use vorpX

clewe
    Participant

Hi Maarculus,

my IPD is around 64 or 65mm so I may not be a good reference but I’ve found Oculus’ statement:

“Oculus says that Rift S is ‘best’ for users with an IPD between 61.5mm and 65.5mm”

q.: https://www.roadtovr.com/oculus-rift-s-review-good-choice-for-newcomers-difficult-choice-for-vr-vets/

I’ve read articles from users with IPDs over 70 and they have managed to get pleasent visuals so I guess give it a try? Vorpx should work even if you change your HMD.

Maarculus
    Participant

Hello clewe, thanks for your answer… that means you are blessed user :) I’ll try it, they says Rift S has a much larger sweet spot. I hope for enough clarity.

clewe
    Participant

I’m sure you’re not the only person which is unsure about the IPD topic – so please keep us up to date :)

I’ve found this youtube video, around 4:40 he is talking about IPD (his own measurement claims for 60mm), and the very first comment (ordered by top comments) is written by an user with the same IPD, comparing Odyssey Plus with the Rift S.

Greetings

pintman
    Participant

I only just bought the Rift S yesterday, my first VR experience.

I rang my optician to get my last IPD reading, 61 apparently, but she told me that that was specific to the particular set of glasses I was buying… anyone know if that is right? Seems wrong…

Regardless, I’ve messed around with the IPD scaler in Oculus settings and I really don’t notice a difference when I move it around… what should I be looking for with this?

pintman
    Participant

Okay so I bought an app called Glassify off Play store for your phone that quite cleverly measures your IPD distance using the reference point of the black strip of a credit card (must be worldwide standardised). Came up 61.

Are VR headsets supposed to be a bit blurry towards the ends of the lenses? Like if I move my eyes without moving my head to read something on my periphery, it’s blurry.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!