Oculus Runtime failed…

Homepage Forums Technical Support Oculus Runtime failed…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    4K1R4
    Participant

Hello,

So I need some clarification and possible assistance? I performed a clean install of Win8.1X64 and all drivers. Installed the Rift (CV1) setup and configured the Rift (CV1) and have used it with no problems with the included oculus games / apps and Virtual Desktop on Steam. When I use the web installer and install 16.1.1 and try to run VoprX it errors out with Oculus runtime init failed. Any ideas?

Also can someone please CLARIFY. Oculus Setup includes the 1.3 runtime yes? I see the OVRService and OVRLibrary service available and running. Are these the runtimes?

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Yes, running Oculus setup installs the right runtime version.

Rather odd issue with CV1 and the Oculus software installed. vorpX only calls the basic runtime init on start to check whther a headset is connected. If you didn’t do so already, please first reboot your PC and then run the Oculus setup again. In case the installation is somehow faulty it will probably detect that.

If this does not help, please try starting vorpX and then right after the error occured go to the trouble shooting page in the vorpX config app. There you find a button labeled “Collect Trouble Shoot Data”, which creates an archive with logs and system info, which you cab send to support |at| vorpx com. The log file may give a hint.

4K1R4
    Participant

Hello,

Seems I solved the problem. The resolution to the issue was to use the Administrator account on the P.C. instead of my day to day non administrator account. The startup sequence / process in VorpX seems to have some silent calls to either the Administrator account’s registry or some other hang up.(Have not used Sysinternals Procmon to chase the calls down…) I of course used the Administrator account via UAC in my non administrator account to install VorpX 16.1.1 as that is required. Once VorpX is installed If I try to start it in my day to day user account that is NOT a administrator it prompts me to re-register the application. This is just another problem it seems. I would like to see VorpX’s next version be configured for use with the understanding that not everyone uses an admin account on the P.C. day to day. Thank you for the prompt reply. I appreciate all you guys do on the forums and via support. Keep up the good work!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Yes, that’s indeed an issue. The installer copies some files to the user directory during install, which is the admin user’s user directory in a case like yours. Will finally get addressed in the next version. Copying the “C:\\Users[admin user]\\AppData\\Local\Animation Labs” folder to your normal user’s AppData\\Local folder should allow you to use vorpX without admin rights, which is the recommended mode of operation.

The symptoms you saw are rather odd though. Normally vorpX should display an error message that indicates an incomplete install in this case.

Glad this is solved.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!