Oculus runtime init failed, tried everything?

Homepage Forums Technical Support Oculus runtime init failed, tried everything?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    kaneceo
    Participant

Hello,
    I recently purchased vorpX and have not been able to get it working. I have an oculus quest 2 and am trying to play battlefront 2 out of Origin. Most everything I read regards to Steam. My Nvidia drivers are up to date. I have sidequest and virtual desktop. I made sure nothing else is running listed on the troubleshooting pin.
    I get the following error after I make sure vorpX is running, and then I launch the game through Origin: Oculus runtime init failed. vorpX will not work correctly. Oculus runtime error: Couldn’t load libOVRRT. (-3001)
    After it gives the error, another window pops up after 10 seconds that says “Attaching to starwarsbattlefrontii.exe
    Then after 20 seconds or so it says “This takes quite a while. If you suspect the program hangs or you don’t want to use vorpX with to it, click the according button and it has the uninstall hook helper option.

Another thing to note – I can launch the game and it shows Vorpx on the bottom left and the screen looks totally differnent and the resolution is much lower, but the headset tracking does not work, and while in game the hotkeys do not work, even when I try and bind them to new keys.
    I also tried running as admin, and from desktop shortcut, and blocking overlays, and running as administrator within vorpx, as well as running the alternative hook method within vorpx config.

Please help! thank you!

Ogrescar
    Participant

I think you need to change your device selection in vorpx config to SteamVR instead of Oculus.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Do you have the Oculus PC software installed already? if not, you can getobt here: http://www.oculus.com/setup

kaneceo
    Participant

Ok so I’m confused on couple of things. I have an oculus quest 2, and bought battlefront 2 through origin. So I don’t have anything to do with steam or steam VR, and the vorpx software says select oculus or oculus quest, or the other option says steam VR etc., so why should I select the steam VR version and not what I have? Maybe I’m missing something?
    Also, Ralf I’m not sure I understand what you mean either, which could be the trick. That oculus link software is to download to a mobile device through google play and android, as well as apple. I’m running windows 10 64 bit, so what is that oculus link software for? I have already downloaded that to my iPhone and use the app (signed up as developer). Am I supposed to download an oculus app to my windows desktop and run something from there?
    Thanks guys in advance !

Ogrescar
    Participant

There is another link on the page that Ralf pointed to, to download the oculus software. You will need to install that on your desktop. If you want to play without your link cable, you will also need to install SteamVR, because Virtual Desktop does not work with the native Oculus client. Additionally, VD has a separate streaming component which you need to install (if you want to play unplugged).

I don’t have a Quest 2, I’m just repeating what others have said, so I may not be precisely correct on everything.

Ralf
    Keymaster

What Ogrescar says.

You have to install the Oculus PC software and then connect your Quest with an USB cable to the PC. Once you have everything set up, you can start Oculus Link in your Quest at which point the Quest looks like a PC Headset for vorpX.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!