oculus runtime init failed

Homepage Forums Installation and Registration Support oculus runtime init failed

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    anton
    Participant

I now have vorpX for more than a year and it never have worked. By now I am running the oculus 0.8.0.0 SDK with the 0.9.1.0 vorpX
    When i’m in the vorpX Config and press Apply, it will always give me the error:
    oculus runtime init failed
    As mentioned In various forum posts I tried disabeling virus scanners and almost any other software I have. It still gives me the error.
    Other Oculus software seems to work fine so I don’t think it’s an Oculus problem.

Regards,
    Anton

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have problem too. I buy vorpX. I am running vorpX with the oculus 0.5.0.0, 0.6.0.0, 0.7.0.0, 0.8.0.0, 1.3. When i’m run vorpX, it will always give me the error: “Oculus runtime init failed, Please check whether you have the Oculus runtime installed.”
    Oculus Rift DK2 is working fine. Demo scene running. Please help.

milinks
    Participant

Would really appreciate some help from vorpx with regards to this “oculus runtime init failed” issue. Here’s the thing. The last time I used my PC vorpx worked fine. I switched it off, and today switched on and the ONLY update was vorpx, now I have the oculus runtime init failed fault. I have reinstalled oculus (I’m still using the DK2 0.8) with no success. This HAS to be a vorpx issue. So please, can you give some advice help on this.

Ralf
    Keymaster

You need the latest Oculus runtime 1.3 for the new vorpX version. Neither vorpX nor any other future Oculus software will work with beta runtimes.

https://www.oculus.com/en-us/setup/

milinks
    Participant

I’ve replied to a similar post on another thread, as my graphics card will not support the 1.3 runtime, but ran fine with vorpx 0.9.1 on my DK2. I have no plans to upgrade my graphics card and was happy with my DK2 and vorpx 0.9.1. There must be a way that you can supply a version of 0.9.1 so i can continue to use the vorpx product for the games I’m interested in. Not meaning to be contentious, but its similar to the Oculus argument of being bound by the software, and forced to make choices just to have something continue to work, rather than being happy with our lot, and deciding if or when we want to mak upgrades. Being daft but if I ask for a BLT today, everythings fine, but tomorrow i go in and give me my BLT with no tomato, and they say, well its the new improved version, the previous one doesn’t exist any more. I’m sorry if I sound pedantic, but i have a small budget, I bought a DK2 and a computer that I KNEW would run the games I was solely interested in. Vorpx gave me those choices, but now, I’ve got a program that I can’t use (unless I spend a lot of money on a graphics upgrade i can’t afford, nor want to get), and I can no longer play the games offered to me (being able to play the games) by vorpx at the time of purchase. So basically I’m stuffed, just because of progress, and the lack of being able to opt for an older version of the software.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please send an an e-mail to support |at| vorpx com.

milinks
    Participant

Just wanted to say thanks to the vorpx support team for their help in enabling me to continue to use this great program. (If it was Ebay I’d give you five stars LoL ) Thanks a lot

Anonymous
    Inactive

You say install latest Oculus runtime 1.3. I do it, but when i’m run vorpX, it will always give me the error: “Oculus runtime init failed, Please check whether you have the Oculus runtime installed.”

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please make sure that there are no leftovers from your experiments with older runtimes on your PC. If you have the runtime switcher installed, please remove it and make sure that there is only the latest Oculus software on your PC with nothing left from older runtimes.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!