OculusVR: Failed to present

Homepage Forums Technical Support OculusVR: Failed to present

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    TheIronWolf
    Participant

I am randomly getting in eventvwr
    20/11 13:06:40.881 {!ERROR!} [Kernel:Error]
    Failed to present.

the game is rFactor 2. What happens in game is that video gets stuck for ~5 secs, and then resumes, and by that time I find myself without a wheel. It seems that nvidia driver crashes:
    Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Is reported at the same time.
    I do not know if this is vorpx issue, but after recent updates it started to happen much more often than before. In past, I would get this, but I thought this had to do with my overclock. Now, I am in stock clocks for my GPU, so this not due to overclocking.

Oculus app version: 1.10.0.308075
    Nvidia driver: 375.95
    vorpx latest, not sure how to check version.

TheIronWolf
    Participant

Ralf,
    I haven’t been pressing this thread, as I wasn’t sure where the problem is (with so many things involved). However, after many hours of testing I can say with confidence, problem happens only with vorpX. It never happens with native support games and while running rF2 with traditional monitor.

Is there anything I can help to diagnose the problem? Does nvidia driver creates dump or something when it hangs/crashes, so that problem can be diagnosed?

Also, curious, where does output to HMD happens, is it on same thread game renders normally?

Thanks!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!