On screen mirror

Homepage Forums Technical Support On screen mirror

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    prinyo
    Participant

After one of the latest updates while playing Skyrim (Oldrim) there is a black screen shown on the PC monitor. However when playing FO4 there is a mirror of the game shown there. I tried to find a way to disable it but couldn’t. How do I completely disable the mirroring for all games?

Ralf
    Keymaster

That shouldn’t be the case at all. Are you using 17.2.3? Older (16.x) versions from over a year ago had the original render display disabled, but that did more harm than good for some games, so it was axed quite a while ago. Presenting the original image on the monitor doesn’t cost performance.

If you see no image on the monitor with the current vorpX release, something is wrong. In that case it would be great if you would a create a trouble shoot data archive in the config app and send that to support |at| vorpx com, maybe it contains something useful. Thanks in advance.

prinyo
    Participant

Yes, 17.2.3

But I’m a bit confused. As far as I remember, in 2016 the game (Skyrim) was shown both on the screen and on the HMD. Then after the big update the on-screen mirror disappeared. So I assumed this is the new behavior. I have seen the mirror been shown for other games but until now haven’t tried to disable it.
    So I want to disable it, not to enable it.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The mirroring was disabled originally with the switch to direct mode rendering late 2015 or early 2016 when vorpX got it’s own frame timing functionality. Since not presenting the image caused more harm than good in some games that was removed again later though. There is no way to disable it anymore. Not much of a loss since there is no impact on performance.

Even if that does not help with your intended goal it would still be great if you could send me the trouble shoot data. Not seeing the image on the screen is not supposed to happen. There is something severely wrong if no image is shown and I’d like to check what that may be.

prinyo
    Participant

Even if that does not help with your intended goal…

I’m afraid it will harm it if you find out why it happens and fix it. But maybe if we know why it happens I can do the same with FO4 :-)
    Mail sent.

By the way I’m running it on a brand new PC now. The behavior was the same on my previous PC. Also mods and ENB don’t seem to make a difference.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Thanks, I’ll take a look at it next week.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!