Only takes me to the regular Oculus homepage

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Only takes me to the regular Oculus homepage

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jonstark
    Participant

Just purchased, and scanning through the forums, but I can’t figure out how to start vorpX up. When I click on the icon, it says it’s already running, but the Oculus headset just takes me to the regular Oculus homepage, no matter if I’m running a pc game elsewhere or not. When I click on the vorpX desktop then the headset takes me to a ‘Please wait’ loading screen but it never actually loads (and I’m not sure I need the desktop to play games anyway). Am I doing it wrong?

Jonstark
    Participant

Just realized that even though the desktop never loads, it seems to have switched all my audio so that it only goes through the Oculus headphones, even when I have closed Oculus and the vorpX desktop down.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The desktop viewer is not required to start games. It’s better to start them from your regular desktop and just use the desktop viewer for web browsing or other desktop related tasks.

If for some reason the audio device isn’t reset correctly after leaving a game, you can do that manually in the vorpX config app. On the trouble shooting page you find a button that let’s you choose the default playback device.

Jonstark
    Participant

Thanks, sounds like that will let me fix my audio issue, and even if the desktop viewer is hanging forever that shouldn’t stop me from playing a game, but how do I turn on vorpX withing the game? Do I just start up the game and as long as vorpX is running it should automatically be visible through the oculus headset? Because right now whenever I put on the headset it only goes to the regular Oculus ‘home’ page.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Normally you just have to start vorpX and then the games. If it runs, vorpX shows a tray icon in your taskbar.

If the desktop viewer is still running, please exit it either by right clicking its icon in the taskbar and choosing “Close window” or by using your task manager in case it does indeed hang and can’t be closed normally.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!