Outer Worlds – DirectVR + Full Right Stick Y Axis Use?

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Outer Worlds – DirectVR + Full Right Stick Y Axis Use?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    TheBalt
    Participant

Hey everyone,

So I typically use DirectVR when available because it does make my headtracking much smoother and work better overall. In Outer worlds you need to do DirectVR before touching anything on the controller, which I have been doing so far while trying to get this to work right.

Problem is – this may be unusual, but I like to still have full Y Axis function of the Right Stick even with full headtracking (Basically, I want to be able to use Headtracking + normal controls for looking up & down, as if the game was pancake)

Problem Im running into is, after doing the DirectVR Scan, it makes my right stick only work on the X Axis, not the Y axis… and I did set the option in controls to “Set y axis use” to 1.0; but when I do that, it tells me I have to reboot the game to ‘turn’ the Y Axis option on under the input settings.

When I reboot the game, I have to run DirectVR again and basically get stuck in a loop – use DirectVR to get the Headtracking working w/ a controller, then, go to Input and set Y Axis on right stick to 100%, then it tells me to reboot to get it to work; Reboot and do DirectVR to get headtracking to work – then it ‘overwrites’ the Y Axis option, from what I can tell.

Does anyone have a profile they can share that works with DirectVR + has full Y Axis support for the right control stick?

Thank you very much for your time, take care!

Ralf
    Keymaster

There is an option on the DirectVR page of the vorpX menu that allows to swtich off the vertical view lock with DirectVR. Unless it somehow breaks the game, I’d recommend to leave it on though, practically all native VR games work this way because it is more comfortable.

TheBalt
    Participant

Thanks Ralf, I appreciate it! Take care of yourself.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!