Outer Worlds Problem

Homepage Forums Technical Support Outer Worlds Problem

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JochenH
    Participant

I installed Outer Worlds from Epic Gamestore and can start it with VorPx. When I move in the world there head tracking is not working. It is connected to the mouse. So I rund this Direct 3D Scan and it fails three times, so head tracking is not possible.

What can I do?

Ralf
    Keymaster

If the scanner fails, vorpX should revert to mouse based tracking instead.

However, occasionally the scanner may think it succeeded, but actually didn’t. If even repeated scanning doesn’t help with that, set ‘Memory Scan Apply’ to ‘Off’ on the DirectVR page on the vorpX menu to switch back to mouse based tracking.

JochenH
    Participant

I dont like to play this with mouse and keyboard. It takes away immersiveness!
    Is there no chance to get head tracking activated? In fact it already works with the mouse to look around.

The other thing es the graphics. It looks kind of poor and I cannot change. Since I have a Nvidia 3070 GPU seems should be better. What can I do here?

Ralf
    Keymaster

The G3D performance impact is fairly huge in this game unfortunately. Will be a bit better with next vorpX, but even then you might want to switch to Z3D at high resolutions.

I’m not really sure if I understand the mouse problem. You don’t have to play with mouse and keyboard. For games like this, which can’t handle simultaneous mouse and gamepad input, vorpX comes with a reasonably sophistcated gamepad to mouse/kb mapper that is freely configurable. Should be enabled per default. If you disabled it accidentally, try to reset the profile to default in the config app.

There always is a chance that the scanner may fail unfortunataly. Hence the message in that regard that is shown during each scan. If you happen to use any other anitvirus program than Windows Defender, get rid of that. Some more invasive ones may prevent the scanner from working.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!