Outlast – Camera just spins

Homepage Forums Technical Support Outlast – Camera just spins

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    HadMatter
    Participant

I always seem to struggle with this app and quit trying. But I thought I’d give it another shot. I read in one of your guides a list of games considered “ready to just jump right in and play”. One of which was Outlast. So I imported the (official?) vorpx Outlast profile and started Outlast, but after the intro movie and I’m given control the camera just looks up and spins. And for the record, my blood alcohol level is way below the spinning vision limit.

Ralf
    Keymaster

First please try to recenter head tracking, either from the vorpX menu or with ALT+SPACE.

If that does not help, check whether you maybe have any peripherals like a flight stick or driving wheel connected. If so, disconnect them for testing purposes. Since on flight sticks and driving wheels some axes aren’t always centered (e.g. a throttle), vorpX’s gamepad > mouse/kb mapper with a bit of bad luck might translate such a non-centered axis to mouse movement.

HadMatter
    Participant

You know what, I still had my HOTAS plugged in from playing Elite earlier. Sorry, it didn’t even occur to me that they could be sending input signals without being used.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!