Outlast won’t hook?

Homepage Forums Technical Support Outlast won’t hook?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    epengr
    Participant

I’ve tried everything I can think of, different executables (32&64), launcher with and without ‘-32’, direct or vorpx shortcuts, it just won’t hook.

Many other games work just fine.

Any suggestions?

Dukealicious
    Participant

I am interested in this too. I had Outlast working with vorpx on my DK1 but I cannot get it to hook with the DK2. I read on reddit and other forums that many people have gotten it to work. If any of those people could chime in it would be greatly appreciated.

piebald3
    Participant

Extended mode, set DK2 as primary monitor, and that’s it. Hooks and boots every time and head tracking is phenomenal. This experience alone was worth the $40 IMO. Such a fickle device. Outlast is pretty much the most reliable game on DK2 for me. Win 7, i5 2500k, AMD HD6870 w/ latest beta drivers if that helps. I held out even trying Whistleblower until I got the DK2 and now after playing some of the original again I’m so scared of the unknown I haven’t even tried it yet. Replaying the original, even on parts where I remember exactly what I’m in for its all nopenopenopenopenope quit.

Dukealicious
    Participant

Bummer that is what I was afraid of. Standard method and it is not hooking for me. Maybe it is because I have windows 8.1. When I played it on DK1 I hadn’t upgraded from 8 to 8.1 yet. I have the same processor as you but I got an nVidia card but I doubt it is the GPU. I even tried extended, rift as primary monitor, and created vorpx shortcuts with each of the 4 executables available. Evry one Displays to the rift but without vorpx. It displays a single image across the rift screen.

Dukealicious
    Participant

I don’t know what to say I don’t know why but in the “set launch options” for the game in steam typing “-32” without the quotes got it to hook for me. I’m stoked.

epengr
    Participant

What? Just tried it again, as piebald3 suggested, which is how I already had it and it worked! That’s standard, I can’t explain it. I’m sure I tried it that way.

Thanks!

Springbok82
    Participant

I have the same problem. It would be great if we could just run VorpX, open the game and play without the hassle of messing about with executables. That’s the whole point of VorpX. Can this please be fixed?

I tried running it with VorpX only, the game starts, then all goes black and the main monitor flickers. Bizarre. Tried running DK2 as main display, more hassles. It either doesn’t start or is one full screen on the headset.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!