Outlast won’t start

Homepage Forums Technical Support Outlast won’t start

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    sangwe11
    Participant

So I have managed to get hold of a DK1 and thought I’d give outlast a try. After spending ages getting the Oculus config program to even recognise that the oculus was attached, I managed to get into outlast and play for a couple of minutes.

However, I can no longer get it to start whilst the OVRService is running. The icon appears on the task bar, but no window or anything (either on the rift or my monitor).

I have the DK1 setup in extended mode, 1200 * 800 resolution at 75hz, NOT as the main display. (this is the only setup the config util / vorpx will recognise the rift with!). In vorpx I have it set to display on the rift. I have also tried the direct mode but vorpx doesn’t seem to find the rift when setup like this.

I can’t for the life of me figure out what I am doing differently from the first time I got it to start. Any suggestions would be appriciated as so far I’ve spent alot of money here for nothing!

grumdark
    Participant

I think the first mistake dk1 possibly get right now … dk1 has too many shortcomings.
    Apart from this,direct mode oculus … never works with dk1,not even to for games /demos native,so it appeared later on dk2.
    Similarly to date,all 3d driver vorpx or other existing,only work in extended mode. (clone for dk1)To this day or some exception.

I remember that there is a version vorpx more suitable for use with dk1…but you may have to contact support.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!