Overlay not responding in Dirt 2

Homepage Forums Technical Support Overlay not responding in Dirt 2

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jacobpederson
    Participant

Playing via Quest 3 / SteamVR. Game is hooked as I see the overlay message on the screen; however, none of the keyboard shortcuts do anything, including crtl-alt-shift to close this message. Other overlays are disabled. Anybody know what might be going on? Thanks!

Boblekobold
    Participant

I don’t know but sometimes you have to alt-tab some games (or select on task bar when available), if they’re not really “in front”.

jacobpederson
    Participant

I think I figured it out, it may have been FPSVR blocking the overlay (that or it just magically started working) Thanks!

jacobpederson
    Participant

Cancel that: disabled fpsvr and advancedvr settings got the overlay menu to launch EXACTLY ONCE, so frustrating. Now the behavior is that “crtl-alt-shift to close this message” works; however all the menu key does is change the zoom level on the overlay pop-up messages. after the pop up messages fade the menu key is back to doing nothing . . . if the overlay is this bugged please just let us access it from the config menu instead! I want to play this game! Everything else is working great, but I need the overlay to turn off VR controllers so I can use my motion sim rig – also the trackIR functionality is too laggy and causes motion sickness, need to turn that off also. Thanks!

Ralf
    Keymaster

The message fades away automatically after two or three minutes.

That aside: if shortcuts don’t work, either the game window isn’t in the foreground or something is running on your PC that also hooks into games and interferes.

jacobpederson
    Participant

Some shortcuts do work. Crtl-alt-shift works to close the message, and the edge peak short cut also works.

0li0li
    Participant

I have that exact same problem in Dirt 3. Vorpx has an official profile. It worked once, the first time, giving me both recentering shortcut, menu shortcut and G3D. It does not have headtracking so I can to use cinema mode (my preferred option anyway).

Upon exit, it crashed the game. Now no matter what I try (factory reset local profile, revert original game config with Vorpx or manually, etc.), I cannot use shortcuts anymore, cannot recenter, and stuck with the screen following my eyes, no peek view shortcut. And that’s why I fine a way to make the game work.

If I reinstall the whole game, I get 1 shot at the menu. Same as you; if I close it, it’s gone for good and all shortcuts stop working. I tried setting “no game setting changes” so that Vorpx would leave the game settings alone, but that does not help. Further more, G3D is just gone, not an option anymore regardless of what I do. After that, if I restart the game (after its crashed, either we’re back to the start of this paragraph or WORST: the game instantly crashed when putting on my headset or clicking on the window to bring it to the front.

I just can’t use Vorpx anymore with the game. Please remove official support from Dirt 2 and 3 or give us another way of making our own profiles. Hell, I would take Z3D at this point…

0li0li
    Participant

Seems like the Vorpx-forced change from <directx forcedx9=”false” /> to <directx forcedx9=”true” /> causes the issue. I have tried manually setting my ingame profile (ingame and via the file) with it being set to read only AND Vorpx set to not change game setting in the menu, and it is now much more stable. This variable is correlated with the game crashing with Vorpx – it’s fine otherwise, I used it before.

That said, even without this code change, it’s still completely broken as I do no get recentering, the vorpx menu, and G3D option is 100% gone for good regardeless of what I do. At least I found a (annoying) way to make something work, but it would not have been remotely as bad if we could simply ignore the local profile.

That’s actually the second time where those imposed local profiles lead to more problems. We really need a way to kill them, or at the very least remove the exe… Renaming is almost never an option (not with legit game copies anyways).

Anyways: Dirt 2 and 3 profiles need fixing or be removed until they actually work.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!