OVRDrop overaly app doesn't work as in other Vr games

Homepage Forums Technical Support OVRDrop overaly app doesn't work as in other Vr games

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Farutos
    Participant

OVRDrop overlay app doesn’t work as in other Vr games, I disabled ignoring overlay app settings in vorpx config->general->misc, but inside the game OVRdrop nothing of it is displayed.

I would like to be able to chat or use my windows desktop from GTA5 for example sitting on the beach, using OVRdrop app. OVRdrop was displayed for a few while but alone, but then the GTA5 game with vorpx disappeared with only empty steam cone – used on Oculus, it looks like only vorpx game or OVRdrop can be displayed, but not both at the same time, any clues?

Thanks

Farutos
    Participant

solved in a OVRDrop thread -https://steamcommunity.com/app/586210/discussions/0/3561682879996587594/

“OVRdrop > General Discussions > Topic Details

fantomx1 has OVRdrop 10 hours ago
    Support of VORPX missing, therefore misses opportunity to be used at basically all other non-vr games
    Support of VORPX missing, therefore misses opportunity to be used at basically all other non-vr games.

Vorpx tool provides ways of using any game in virtual reality, could be OVRDrop made in a way, that it would be displayed also over VORPX game overlay for example in GTA5?

I started also thread at VORPX site here – https://www.vorpx.com/forums/topic/ovrdrop-overaly-app-doesnt-work-as-in-other-vr-games/

thank you
    Showing 1-2 of 2 comments

Jaded [developer] 5 hours ago
    OVRdrop is powered by SteamVR, and thus can only be seen when SteamVR is running and rendering. vorpX can also be made to run through SteamVR, and thus OVRdrop should be visible in vorpX games when rendering through SteamVR. I have not tested this, but if vorpX is running as a proper SteamVR title, then OVRdrop should be visble and functional.

You will need to set vorpX to run through SteamVR. OVRdrop is only supported by SteamVR at this time, as opposed to something like Oculus Home. OVRdrop works with Oculus Rift and other non-SteamVR-first HMDs, but only when SteamVR is the SDK rendering to the headset. I would be happy to add support for other SDKs when they support the vital functions of OVRdrop, however at this time no other SDK that I know of supports the things OVRdrop needs.
    Last edited by Jaded; 5 hours ago

fantomx1 has OVRdrop 3 minutes ago
    That’s true, thank you, it was due to my Oculus, I uninstalled oculus software maybe unnecessarily , used pimax glasses, and configured in VORPX steam support instead of oculus, and it started to work, although my ovrdrop windows was behind

as since pc games use the same control keyboard, I usually cannot control the game, when different window is activated in windows than the game, and I don’t know if there is any way to overcome this.
    Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
    Per page: 15 30 50”

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!