Part of mouse coordinates does not work, Fallout 76.

Homepage Forums Technical Support Part of mouse coordinates does not work, Fallout 76.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    skynet24x
    Participant

My monitor acer max1920x1080
    My VR Vive Pro
    Windows 7

I set the resolution to 3840×2160 in the ini file. Install full screen. Vorpx settings – cinema mod – z normal.

The game starts with the desired resolution, everything is fine. But in the game menu, as well as on the map, as well as in pipboy, the mouse cannot move further than half of the screen to the right and down. It feels like she is moving within the resolution of my monitor. How to fix it, otherwise it turns out on the map not how not to move to the right side?

Ralf
    Keymaster

That can happen in some (many) games if you run a game windowed with the window being larger than your desktop res. You could address that by adding a custom resolution instead and then run the game fullscreen. You can find detailed instructions in that regard in the vorpX help under ‘Custom Resolutions’.

BTW: In case you disabled automatic settings for the game, please re-enable that feateure. That will not only allow you to set the resolution through the vorpX ingame menu, it also ensures that vorpX can apply some tweaks that are useful for playing the game in VR.

skynet24x
    Participant

1) If you set the resolution of my monitor, the picture is not so attractive, the difference is big.
    2) If you allow Vorpx to set permissions in the ini file itself, then it sets 3840×2400. And the picture is bad! felts due to the fact that this resolution is from the ratios of 19/10 felts, he incorrectly sets already in the running game. There are ladders in the textures, grass blinks when moving, the edges of the houses also blink.

The ideal picture is obtained only if set manually, but then the question remains with the mouse, what other options can there be?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Did you add the custom resolutions to your display driver like suggested above? After doing so you can run games fullscreen with a higher resolution. Wether you want to do that manually or let vorpX do it doesn’t matter.

skynet24x
    Participant

I did not immediately understand what you meant. Set permissions manually in the driver, now there are no problems.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Great. Glad this is solved.

hemingwaysghost
    Participant

What custom resolution is recommended for FO76? Or do we need to add all possible custom resolutions and Vorpx will automatically select one?

Ralf
    Keymaster

There isn’t really a general answer to that question, depends on too many things ranging from your PC to your personal preferences. Go always as high as you can while not sacrificing too much performance for your taste. Personally I consider 1440p or 1680p pretty good in most games, but I also know of some users who apparently care more for visual fidelity than framerate and go much higher than that.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!