People love Halo VR over on Reddit!

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion People love Halo VR over on Reddit!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Dyortos
    Participant

I posted some Halo VR using Vorpx and it went mini viral over night. Thought I’d share, if that’s okay?

Halo 3 VR – The Warthog Run
    byu/Dyortos inhalo

Ralf
    Keymaster

Awesome.

BTW: Incidentally I fixed G3D for the Combat Evolved campaign today, was broken after some recent game update. You can grab the updated profile on the cloud profiles page in the config app.

Dyortos
    Participant

It’s all thanks to you! AND WHAT?! I’m headed on right now. Question for you Ralf. Is it possible to get G3D on old graphics? Like with Halo CE and 2.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not entirely sure if I understand the question. if you mean the original DX9 Halo, then yes. vorpX has a profile for it. Not sure about Halo 2, but worth a shot to check whether there is a user profile in the cloud.

moarveer
    Participant

wow 10k upvotes, that’s sick :O

Dyortos
    Participant

Thank you. Ralf, would it be possible to change the camera height beyond what you’ve given us access to? Also, is it possible to change not only the height but the other X, Y, Z coordinates? I’m trying to mod Halo to see if I can separate the Gun from the Head Camera allowing for independent head movement while the gun stays in its own general direction separate from where I’m looking. If I had access to a little more camera controls I could properly align the game camera where I’m unable to in this Halo Mod Tools. I’ve gone through every setting in this mod tool for Halo, not one of em changes the height of the camera at least Vorpx is able to! But 2.00 is too low, is this possible to turn up without issues?

Ralf
    Keymaster

That won’t work unfortunately. vorpX applies G3D after the game has clipped the geometry, so you’d look into an empty void when you apply head rotation at that point. Same for large position changes.

BTW: I have done some more work on the fixed profile: for one the weapon wasn’t properly stereoized in G3D, that works now. While I was at it I also added Auto Weapon Hide, so no more gunface in G3D. Make sure to reset the profile to default once if you already downloaded yesterday’s version, otherwise the weapon will stay invisible all the time.

Dyortos
    Participant

YOU ARE THE MAN!!! <3

Dyortos
    Participant

So I just tested this out. Does the auto weapon hide only work in Halo CE? I didn’t notice any difference with the other games. This feature, Ralf would make Halo VR fully playable with ease. If its not possible that is okay! If it takes time then I can wait! I was just wondering if this was for all Halo games or just CE?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Masterchief Collection only, and I only checked the CE campaign, which is the one officially supported. With some luck it might also work for other MCC campaigns.

Unfortunately the whole collection is structured in a very unusual way: there is only one overarching executable that loads the actual games as DLL. Makes it somewhat convoluted to load individual settings for each campaign. The vorpX profile system expects one game per .exe, not six… Hence only the CE campaign is fully supported currently.

I didn’t touch the original DX9 Halo profile for the time being and also (obviously) no user profiles.

Dyortos
    Participant

Ah I see! No worries it seems like a process that’s for sure! Well, down the road if its at all doable it would make it amazing. In the mean time, I’m okay with having the Blind Skull on as it removes all hud elements for me :). Halo CE is the only game that doesn’t run that well in VR for me which is why I asked. Thanks again! Auto weapon hide is amazing! I never encountered it until today.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!