Perfomance discussion

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Perfomance discussion

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi all! I wana ask u about the perfomance for vorpx generally, if i wana play in games, that are not VR native with vorpx should i go for i7 5820k/Ryzen and 1080 ti or i will be good with i7 6700k and 1080?

Ralf
    Keymaster

For best results with demanding games, in most case the Intel i7 6700K will probably the best choice CPU wise due to its higher speed per core. The CPU is more of a factor with vorpX than with normal gaming since many calls to DirectX have to be done twice for stereo rendering. Since these calls for the most part happen within a single thread, high performance per CPU core is important.

GPU wise the only rule is: the faster the better. A 1080 is good, the 1080ti will be better, allowing to either have more stable/higer FPS or to raise the resolution for better image quality.

Make the final decision considering what fits your budget without overstretching it. :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you Ralf for so quick response! Also i want to ask u what is the best VR headset at the moment (Oculus/Vive/Pimax/Deepon, ur personal opininon on that)?

Ralf
    Keymaster

I have no experience with Pimax/Deepon myself, so I can’t really comment on them. If I had to decide between Rift and Vive, well, I would have a hard time.

Vive’s “lighthouse” head tracking is easier to handle for larger play spaces, on the other hand the Oculus Touch controllers are better than the Vive wands: less clunky, more convenient and (important mostly for vorpX) a few more buttons.

Oculus Rift is lighter and has a better weight distribution, so most people will find it more comfortable to wear. On the other hand Vive has the softer ‘facial interface’ foam, which is also a comfort factor.

Vive has a slightly higher field of view, but Rift has a slighly less pixelated image (actually because of the FOV being a bit more narrow).

I could go on like that for a while. The point is: pros and cons cancel each other out one way or the other if you compare both headsets objectively, so in the end it comes down to personal preferences. Neither is perfect, but both are a great way to experience gaming like you never did before. Not too helpful for you to make a decision, sorry, but for me there ultimately is no winner (or loser) when comparing both.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!