pico 4 with vorpx

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion pico 4 with vorpx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    matteo39
    Participant

anyone tried vorpx with a pico 4?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Any headset that works correctly with either SteamVR or OpenXR automatically also works correctly with vorpX. So the the question you should really ask is: how good is the Pico’s SteamVR/OpenXR support?

matteo39
    Participant

if anyone try vorpx with pico4, please tell us…

I am using a Pico 4, but I haven’t been able to make it work with vorpX

archeide
    Participant

Pico 4 uer here!

It works very well for me using SteamVR.

For the moment I only tried AC: Unity, Shadow of Tomb Raider and Kingdom Come Delivrance.

Immersive mod with AC Unity is really an amazing experience, kudos to the dev!

The clarity of the pancake lenses and high resolution and good FOV of the headset is doing wonders here.

Really worth the price.

MarcDwonn
    Participant

@archeide

How do you use Pico 4 with vorpX? With Virtual Desktop, or do you use the Streaming Assistant?

And what would be the correct order to start those programs?

archeide
    Participant

I’m using Virtual Desktop.
    I configured vorpx usign “Steam VR”.

I think Virtual Desktop must be configured as “Start With Windows” so it runs first, otherwise it may be hooked by vorpx (excluding virtual desktop exes doesn’t work well for me whenever I have to relaunch virtual desktop manually : it still try to hook them and Virtual Desktop shows a black screen).

Then I click on “Start Vorpx” to begin vorpx session.

I then launch virtual Desktop in the PICO 4 and go in Desktop mod and choose the game from there.

Virtual Desktop should autoamticaly switch to Steam VR when game is attached by vorpx and games should appear.
    Controller seems to works fine, though I prefer to use gamepad.

All games doesn’t work well as with Oculus Quest 2 though. With Quest 2, you can use more modes like OpenXR or Oculus and some games seems to require those mode to work properly.

MarcDwonn
    Participant

That’s very helpful, thank you!

What games don’t work well from the ones you’ve tried? They don’t start at all, or they have bad performance?

I sold my Quest 2 last week and thinking about buying a Pico 4 for Flatscreen-to-VR gaming.

archeide
    Participant

For the moment, only one but it’s one game “That Must Not Be Named”, and is not supported anymore anyway but I could get it work on Quest 2 with a prior version but not with the PICO 4. The game hang randomly, usually at the startup, when using Steam VR but works good with Oculus mode.

It would need a bit more testing with virtual Deskop and “Launch Game” feature as I know Virtual Deskop allows to run some Oculus game in PICO 4 so maybe there could be a way to make it work.

But apart from this game, it seems most game are working in Steam VR mode. Although, from what I heard, we could get a better performance if we could use the other modes.

MarcDwonn
    Participant

It would need a bit more testing with virtual Deskop and “Launch Game” feature as I know Virtual Deskop allows to run some Oculus game in PICO 4 so maybe there could be a way to make it work.

Are you sure you’re not confusing this with the built-in Revive feature of VD? I though this is strictly for native PCVR games like *Lone Echo* or *The Climb*?

The unnamed game would be the one that plays under water? Or is it the one in the big city where you can steal vehicles? :)

archeide
    Participant

Big city, though I have a strange bug with the camera when leaving vehicules, otherwise it is working quite good with vorpx DirectVR. Other mods are crashing or working very bad.

About the Virtual Desktop Oculus feature, maybe I’m wrong yes. I could run some of my Oculus games in PICO 4 thanks to it, but I don’t know how it works internally.

I also tried the Virtual Desktop “Launch Game” on some flat game while using Vorpx in “Oculus” mode and with my PICO 4, it launched them but inside steam VR so not sure it would help for games that don’t work with Steam VR.

MarcDwonn
    Participant

I apologize in advance if i’m confusing things here :D, but can’t vorpX run Pico 4 in OpenXR mode? I read that Virtual Desktop uses OpenXR with Pico 4.

archeide
    Participant

As far as I know, PICO 4 has no official support for openXR unfortunately.

It depends of what openXR application is set as default, on my compute there is Oculus and SteamVR that can be set as the default openXR application. If steamVR is defined as default, it will launch steamVR . If I use Oculus , a popup will appear saying that there are no available headset detected.

matteo39
    Participant

anyone has tried vorpx with pico 4?

and can pico 4 runs oculus games?

matteo39
    Participant

so, i want to buy now a pico 4: is full compatible (in steamvr mode) with vorpx? and can play oculus games with it?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!