pinball FX3 anytime?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion pinball FX3 anytime?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    OlDirty
    Participant

I know there’s a small VR version for FX2 pinball, but what about FX3 and the newly released Williams pinball tables. Would it be possible to release a VorpX profile for that game? To stand in front of a “real” pinball machine is an awesome feeling. There’s a thread on steam ( https://steamcommunity.com/app/442120/discussions/0/2592234299550848605/?ctp=11 ) where people beg for a VR DLC but nothing happens. I guess the developers are not interested in that. So the last hope would be VorpX. Let’s see and pray…

slydog43
    Participant

Great idea, can’t believe I never thought of that. I have 25 or so real machines, plus many virtual pincabs so you could say I’m addicted to pinball. I run VPX in VR, which is awesome and everyone who like pinball should try it out. Will try FX3 later today. Thanks for the idea, hope it works

check out my vid of what I call “pinStubby”

Pinstubby

TheLastStarfighter
    Participant

I have the Data East version of Star Wars in my games room under a pile of clothes… unfortunately the board doesn’t work correctly anymore.

OlDirty
    Participant

I’m also a big pinball addict ;-). I own 8 real machines and also built the front of a real pinball machine to play with visual pinball, but never tried the VR version because I thought it’s still in a very early “beta”. I’m not the guy which likes to fiddle around with 100 parameters till a game runs well (no idea if that’s needed with visual Pinball VR). To many other hobbies :P.
    But native VorpX support for FX3 would be awesome.

@slydog43
    : What a game room you have :O. Awesome!

japdos
    Participant

@slydog43 Did you test vorpx with pinball fx3? I’d be interested to buy vorpx in case it works.

RJK_
    Participant

Ive spent quite a few hours with FX3 trying to put it in 3D, no success so far. FX2 works great with vorpx though (see cloud)

Karlor
    Participant

Hi all,
    Haven’t checked out vorpX in a few years, really loved it back in the day..

Sorry to necro but was wondering if Ralph had maybe tried getting FX3 to work? Its on sale and Id die if we could play the fx3 tables in VR..

PLEASE RALPH OLD BUD HELP A BROTHER OUT!
    :)

Hell i you get a geo profile or FX3 id buy another license just or pinball, as I probably lost my old reg info lol..

anyway.. please.. vr pinball is unreal and FX3 tables look sooo sweet..

Ogrescar
    Participant

I tried setting up the game with superdepth3d, but even with msaa disabled, it doesn’t have a usable depth buffer. Maybe g3d is still possible, but I’d say it’s a long shot.

lokiss88
    Participant

The possible good news is guys, there’s every chance of FX3 coming native to VR this year.

Hopefully this time they won’t kill it stone dead and release it standalone like with FX2VR. None of my pinball friends will consider FX3 in VR if they have to rebuy all the tables.

slydog43
    Participant

Please everyone check out VPX in VR, its awesome. not all but most tables work very well in VR and pancake. Some tables even have VR rooms around them (just like FX2 VR). It really is incredible. I will help anyone out who needs it.

Karlor
    Participant

I tried setting up the game with superdepth3d, but even with msaa disabled, it doesn’t have a usable depth buffer. Maybe g3d is still possible, but I’d say it’s a long shot.

I just dont see how it could be that hard to “unlock” the camera view and make it function in 3D.. especially for the Ralphster.. I wonder if hes tried as I have a feeling if h did he could figure it out eventually.. hes worked wonders lol

Please everyone check out VPX in VR, its awesome. not all but most tables work very well in VR and pancake. Some tables even have VR rooms around them (just like FX2 VR). It really is incredible. I will help anyone out who needs it.

I have tried it! I love it but I cant get it running again.. man.. it sucks..
    https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=45848

RJK_
    Participant

I gave FX3 another shot not too long ago and it looks like a 2D game to me. The 3D-Vision guys were reporting problems with 2D Textures, so i doubt this game will ever be considered as an official candidate for VorpX.

Michelangel0
    Participant

not sure if Ralph can provide a better insight if there is a way to pull G3D on Pinball FX3.
    I ended up using HelixVision to play it in 3D but I will prefer to have also VorpX at the same level.

Laser
    Participant

Im hoping that with the new Pinball FX using unreal engine we can get it to work with Vorpx. RJK¨s profile for FX2 is pretty damn good but obviously its allready been abandoned for a long time and I only play it for the tables that aren´t ported to FX3.

Not a fan of the idea to buy tables again since none of the tables carry over from FX3… But I still have bunch of tables that I don´t have in any previous FX games (mainly williams tables) and with the possibility to play them in VR with vorpx I might buy some tables again if the price is reasonable.
    But if pricing of the new Indiana Jones table is any indication of future Im not optimistic at the moment.

GeZorTenPlotZ
    Participant

Try Future Pinball with VR version of BAM.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!