Planetside 2: mouse not able to interact with game.

Homepage Forums Technical Support Planetside 2: mouse not able to interact with game.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Divenity
    Participant

I know Planetside 2 isn’t supported, so I’m not looking for some official help here, just wondering if anyone has seen this before, in any game, and what (if anything) they did to fix it.

This is with a DK2, by the way… I don’t know if anyone

Anyways, I had seen that some other people had gotten Planetside 2 working (without 3d) on DK1, and decided I would give it a go with the DK2… I came across an interesting issue… I cannot interact with the game via mouse at all. I can operate the Vorpx ingame menu and all that, but the mouse for some odd reason doesn’t connect with the game.

Open to troubleshooting suggestions from all sources, throw ideas at me!

Also if anyone else has Planetside 2 (or just feels like downloading it to see if it works, it is free, after all), let me know if it does the same for you, or let me know if it doesn’t and what your setup is (how many monitors, video card type, crossfire/sli or single card), so I can gather information to troubleshoot with!

bcozier
    Participant

The only thing I can share is that vorpx with the game Risen 2 also locks out all mouse input. Without vorpx it works with mouse no problem. I tried unplugging my xbox controller still no luck. So I switched to using gamepad.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ divenity: Not sure whether that is true for Planetside 2, but some games disable the mouse when a gamepad is active. Fits your description pretty well, so in case you have a gamepad connected, looking for an option to disable it in the game options would be worth a try.

@ becozier: Out of curiosity: Did you try Risen 2 with both the DK2 as primary and as secondary display? Just had the thought, that it may be possible that the game does not get mouse focus when the DK2 is configured as secondary device. If that is the issue, it should be solvable by using the DK2 as primary display. Just a thought though, haven’t tried it yet.

Divenity
    Participant

I do not have a gamepad connected, I truly wish that were the issue, but alas, I am not so lucky :(

Ralf
    Keymaster

It *may* also be a mouse focus issue when using the DK2 a secondary display. If this is the configuration you use, try to set the DK2 as primary display and set vorpX to “Use system settings” display wise instead. This is just a guess, but worth a try.

Divenity
    Participant

Unfortunately, that didn’t do it either :( I also tried it with only hiving the Rift connected as a display with no luck.

bcozier
    Participant

It *may* also be a mouse focus issue when using the DK2 a secondary display. If this is the configuration you use, try to set the DK2 as primary display and set vorpX to “Use system settings” display wise instead. This is just a guess, but worth a try.

I also tried Risen 2 with Rift as primary display and still no mouse…wierd that vorpx only disables mouse input for some games.

Divenity
    Participant

It’s the game, more than Vorpx I imagine, the game likely has something in it’s code that simply conflicts with the way Vorpx does things by default.

rivereagles999
    Participant

I’m having this problem too. I’m very interested on what could cause this problem.

jpwatler
    Participant

Same issue here with DK2. Has anyone got this to work right?

first_emperor
    Participant

I do think that it might be related to gamepad recognition after all, only that it takes the emulated one of vorpx into account even if you deactivate emulation and Headtracking.
    Could it be, that those settings are not working as intended or there might be some leftover settings or something?

Had the same problem with Risen 3, all other input devices disabled and used all other troubleshoot tips in various combinations without any result.

AntDX316
    Participant

have they replied here yet?

Maybe w/o the mouse disabled we would get banned for “hacking”??

Divenity
    Participant

Interesting development…

Ok so, context first: I forgot to mention in my first post, the mouse worked fine the first time I started Planetside 2 in Vorpx, but upon closing and starting again later, it ceased to function properly, no settings changed that I was aware of, but it had been a day since I first played it.

Now fast forward to today, when I just remembered that Planetside 2 has a 64 bit and 32 bit client… I had forgotten because well, the 64bit use to be disabled, now it just auto chooses one based on your OS. It’s a bit of a pain to get PS2 to start using the other client, but it can be done, so I went and tried the 32 bit client.

Lo and behold, the mouse worked! I thought I had it fixed, and then I remembered that this is what it did last time… So, for the sake of a controlled experiment, I shut the game off and then started it again immediately, changing no settings anywhere. Mouse doesn’t work.

Somewhere, somehow, something is making Vorpx and Planetside 2 hate each other after the first run, and I am lost, just so damn lost… I have no idea what the hell would do this… Even tried doing a clean reinstall of the game, no dice.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!