Playing Doom 2016 on “Desktop Viewer” but it just gets minimized

Homepage Forums Technical Support Playing Doom 2016 on “Desktop Viewer” but it just gets minimized

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    TheBalt
    Participant

Hey folks,

So I have no other issues with Vorpx and don’t have any antivirus besides Windows Defender – but I was trying to play through Doom 2016; cant get it to hook, but wanted to play it on a “big screen” with Vorpx Desktop Viewer but the game just gets ‘minimized’ instantly when I switch to it, cant get it to stay on the screen. It will flash for a moment then it gets kicked back down to the start menu/taskbar.

Anyone know any tricks to get it to stay up on screen if using Desktop Viewer?

Thanks for your time!

Ralf
    Keymaster

If vorpX can’t hook the game, it’s probably running in Vulkan mode. Switching to OpenGL should help.

For the desktop viewer games have to be run windowed (or ‘borderless fullscreen’). The desktop viewer does not handle true fullscreen mode.

TheBalt
    Participant

Thanks for prompt reply, Ralf. Ill give this a shot when I get back home. Thanks for your time and hard work on Vorpx for us.

TheBalt
    Participant

Hey Ralf,

Okay so you were right, managed to get the game to stay on screen with Windowed Mode + Borderless Gaming… but ran into a new problem that might be the crux of this being an issue at all for me, cause this wasnt a problem even a month ago.

My mouse ‘cursor’ stays on screen. I have tried to use the shortcut to eliminate the mouse cursor, but its always there, not the ‘games’ mouse cursor, but the windows typical one. When i “click” to try to tell it to “select this window”; it makes the game freeze up and/or crash entirely.

So not quite sure what to do about this issue, but did get the game ‘rendering’ in the headset, but I cant do anything in game because the mouse cursor is acting as a ‘buffer’ between me and interacting with the window. Tried the button shortcut to kill the mouse cursor with no luck.

Thanks for your time and sorry for all the questions! Take care!

Ralf
    Keymaster

I have to look into that. Doesn’t switching to OpenGL let vorpX hook the game? That has always been working in the past, there isn’t really any reason why it wouldn’t work for you.

TheBalt
    Participant

Oh, sorry, forgot to mention Ive been bouncing between Doom 2016 and Eternal, just seeing how they both look in the headset and run – so doom 2016 is running just fine now that I switched to OpenGL, but Eternal, which I did play before on “big screen” with Desktop Viewer, just wont let me ‘interact’ with the game screen, mouse overlay on top of it.

I have a CV1 and tried with Oculus as the program for Vorpx to work with and also tried SteamVR, same thing, mouse just gets in the way over the screen.

But ya, 2016 is working perfectly fine now, just got some playtime in it. Thanks for taking the time to respond, trying to get them both running to show my brother this weekend both of them on Big Screen.

Thanks for your help!

TheBalt
    Participant

Ralf,

Upon further working on it – found the real culprit, or two.

Either the new AMD Drivers were messing with my game; or, my PageFile Size was too small and was causing the game to lock up and not allow me to get past that mouse click. Changed both and now Desktop Viewer is working just fine for Eternal and the OpenGL trick is working just fine for Doom 2016.

Thank you for your help, but I dont think this one is on Vorpx’s end. apologies for wasting your time on it, but got it sorted.

Thanks again! Sorry to bug ya!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!