Please add dithering to VorpX

Homepage Forums Technical Support Please add dithering to VorpX

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ENBSeries
    Participant

Hello

There is famous issue with old oculus helmets cause of oled displays used. Black color (0/255) is fully black, while 1/255 and next maybe up to 20/255 have strong color banding. Also 1/255 is very bright, which makes many games looks weird in the nights. I have seen similar issues not just by oculus rift reported on the forums for two fly sims. The solution is simple, make additive blending pass to the output (not on the plane where game screen is) which adds 1/255 at least to force never have full darkness. And some dithering code in the same pass (blue noise texture seems okay to me, especially when flipping it every second frame). Or can do without extra pass, if have proper texture as source. I patched Dragon’s Dogma already for myself, works fine, can’t see any gradients on the night sky or empty black holes.

Smoils
    Participant

Did you use ENB to patch dragons dogma like they used to fix skyrim for CV1/vive? Vorpx usually bypasses post processing mods like that by taking over game rendering on a lower level.

ENBSeries
    Participant

Yes, i do this via enb and luckily VorpX works fine with Dragon’s Dogma and ENBSeries together. Didn’t try both at same time earlier with other games, as i thought it’s not possible.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!