Please share step by step instructions.

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Please share step by step instructions.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    KorbenDallas
    Participant

Does anyone have step by step instructions for some games? I tried searching the forum and only come up with some old stuff for DK2, and I have the CV1.
    Alien Isolation, and Left 4 Dead 2, both give me super zoomed-in menus where I can’t see anything properly.
    Then, once I got into A:I the motion was reversed. I move my head left, screen goes right. Then, the height is all weird.
    I thought this $40 purchase was touted as the “plug and play” version of this kind of software…. what happened?
    I would think that each game would already have a sticky, where people can go and just follow the steps. Or a wiki or something.
    Anyway, please share some got simple, step-by-step instructions for Left 4 Dead 2, Alien Isolation, Witcher 3, Star Citizen, Assetto Corsa, Dirt Rally, Project Cars, Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Dear Esther.

Thank you!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please check the Essential Game Hints guide in the vorpX help. It explains the various options you have in regard to field of view (“zoomed in”). What can be done varies from game to game.

The help also contains a quick and dirty three step procedure called “The 1-2-3 Game Setup”. This works with basically every game, but does not provide the best possible result in most cases.

reanor
    Participant

Star Citizen crashes, so it won’t work with VorpX and CV1 for a while prolly. The Witcher 3, for me at least, just runs in 2D on a big screen, instead of 3D, even though it is on supported games list.

reanor
    Participant

Push Delete key in game to open the vorpX menu. Turn Cinema mode to off if you want to play fullVR. There is also the option to change/disable 3D also. You’ll probably want to keep in on Z-Normal for best results.

handy hotkeys:

Delete to open and close menu
    Mousewheel click to edgepeek/zoom out
    Alt+Spacebar to recenter screen
    Alt+F to display frame rate

corporatezombie
    Participant

Assetto Corsa and project Cars do not require VorpX as they have their own native VR support. Which you should use!

Project Cars: Simply start this from Steam and select the third option “Oculus rift other VR mode”, at the first prompt.

Assetto Corsa: Main menu>Options>Rendering mode = set to Oculus rift (early support)
    and also look at this guide for the best results:
    http://www.riftracer.co.uk/guides/assetto-corsa-oculus-rift-setup/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!