PLS, Improve Website to make VorpX more successful!

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion PLS, Improve Website to make VorpX more successful!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    romanguro
    Participant

I don’t know how successfully the VorpX is selling.
    But I can make some important recommendations to improve this.

Please change the Website, make it fun and understandable, fill it with the necessary information and videos. People need to understand what they buying. What opportunities they will get as a result.

1. The most important thing! Make a useful List of Supported Games. Not just a list! But how well is that game supported? Does it have Geometry3D mode or only ZNormal?
    You can click on the title and see the details. Perhaps a video. Perhaps reviews from real people. Are there any problems?
    Now I do not know where to find such information.

2. Make a beautiful FrontPage and Trailer. Now, this futuristic 60s girl doesn’t tell you anything. It’s just not fun or interesting.

3. Make a simple tutorial (and should be easy to find).
    The VorpX is easy to use, but it doesn’t work as usual. The first time I bought it and launched it, I had no idea what to do.

Have a look how it all works in good Emulator sites.
    https://yuzu-emu.org/
    https://rpcs3.net/
    for example

dborosev
    Participant

Some good points. I think I said something similar 3 years ago, and even offered to business partner up with you to take it to the next level. ;)
    A little polish goes a long way these days. Maybe a nice wordpress template. And VorpX can be a little overwhelming for newbs. A super simple 1,2,3 step guide would help that.

Wanna try full VR? Heres the list of supported games. Here is how you set it up.
    Wanna try cinema/immersive modes? Here is why you’d want to do this, here is how, here is what it looks like.
    Wanna try 3rd person games? Here is how to do that.

cercata
    Participant

All that features would be cool, but if that means Ralf expending less hours on improving VorpX for making better web, etc, it’s not a good idea.

If he makes the product more and more accesible, more games working, easier to use, marketing will come.
    It will come from youtubers, from users on reddit & forums, etc.

Personally I would prefer he working on OpenXR, DX12, etc

romanguro
    Participant

All that features would be cool, but if that means Ralf expending less hours on improving VorpX for making better web, etc, it’s not a good idea.

Ralf is not alone in the universe, we have a community here :)
    Someone can help with a picture on the front page, someone with a trailer, someone with a list of games.
    The WordPress template is not very difficult to install.
    Even a simple Google Sheet online with games details will good to have. It’s easy. Probably Ralf already has it.

You are thinking in the short term, you have VorpX already and don’t worry about new users, some new features are more important to you.
    But the truth is if there won’t be new users there also won’t be any new features. And vice versa. If VorpX becomes popular, there will be many more possibilities to develop it.
    So many projects died just because the developer was not worried about promoting them.

cercata
    Participant

Ralf is not alone in the universe, we have a community here :)
    Someone can help with a picture on the front page, someone with a trailer, someone with a list of games.
    The WordPress template is not very difficult to install.
    Even a simple Google Sheet online with games details will good to have. It’s easy. Probably Ralf already has it.

That could be a community site, separated from the official web, so Ralf doesn’t have to worry to supervise it.

You are thinking in the short term, you have VorpX already and don’t worry about new users, some new features are more important to you.

I’m 100% aware that if there are now new customers, Ralf will not have the money to continue the project.

It’s just that I think that compatibility with more games and HMDs is what will bring customers.

SJD1969
    Participant

Totally agree – it would be extremely helpful to have a frequently updated Vorpx game list showing if the game supports Direct VR / Geometry3D.

jjensson
    Participant

It’s just that I think that compatibility with more games and HMDs is what will bring customers.

I’m not sure this is true. Proper marketing and visibility and communication is half of the equation IMO.

Just to put it into perspective: I’m mainly a VorpX gamer now, i almost never play native VR games. VorpX has changed my gaming life like Photoshop has changed my life as an artist. I’m one of the biggest proponents of VorpX on other forums, LOL… But for example on Reddit VorpX has a very negative reputation – every time i posted something positive or recommended the program to someone, i got downvoted into oblivion.

In other forums i constantly get the question: “is VorpX still as crappy as it was?” Frankly, after a while i got tired of putting energy and time into educating people.

What VorpX needs ATM is more presence on YouTube. IMO.

dborosev
    Participant

@ jjensson,
    Yep, I’m in the same boat. VorpX completely changed the way I play games. I could never go back to flat gaming. VorpX mainly has a PR problem. The tech side is rock solid.

cercata
    Participant

Proper marketing and visibility and communication is half of the equation IMO.

Of course it is, and if it’s done by youtubers non afiliated to VorpX, it’s much better.

Advertising is not gonna make people think VorpX got better, but endorsement from independent people will.

The more games that have good DirectVR support, the more marketing will come.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘PLS, Improve Website to make VorpX more successful!’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!