Possible to bind Z3D/ G3D to controller?

Homepage Forums Technical Support Possible to bind Z3D/ G3D to controller?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ticklywizard
    Participant

I use an Xbox Controller to play games in VorpX.

I have become adept at using edge peek to play games in G3D and briefly flip to edge peek to look at the edges of the game HUD or map screen, inventory screen etc.

One thing that would be incredibly useful would be the ability to flip to Z3D where performance drops too low and then switch back to G3D.

I have a feeling it may be possible to do this via VR Hotkeys? However, I have never worked out how to do this with an Xbox controller. In fact, I don’t really understand how VR hotkey function works. Could someone explain it to me?

Is it possible to bind Z3D/G3D to a controller stick or button or VR Hotkey?

If not, would it be possible to have a setting to bind the 3D reconstruction function in the same way that Edge Peek, VorpX menu currently can?

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you use vorpX’s gamepad mapper (‘X-Box Gamepad Override’ set to ‘Full’), you should be able to map the G3D/Z3D hotkey to your gamepad. Don’t recall what that is ATM, but you can find the full list in the config app.

Similarly you could map the hotkey for the VR-Hotkey menu to your gamepad. That’s probably the most underused feature ever BTW. It allows you to map 16 key-combinations to a 4×4 button window that appears in front of you when you press SHIFT + middle mouse button. Simply press and hold SHIFT+MMB, look at the action you want to perform and release MMB. Pretty useful.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!