powerful gpu but 4 fps G3D in “The surge” and “Mass Effect LE 1”

Homepage Forums Technical Support powerful gpu but 4 fps G3D in “The surge” and “Mass Effect LE 1”

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sounduke
    Participant

Hi,

I think there’s a problem with how vorpx generates g3d when using AMD cards with latest drivers (as of april 22nd 2024).

I recently upgraded from a gtx 1070 to an RX7900GRE, and in the games “The surge” and “Mass Effect LE1” i get 4 or 5 fps even at fullhd. Z3D works without issues, but as soon as I change to g3d it slows down to a crawl.

I tried disabling vsync and all other stuff on adrenaline, nothing works.

The surge had better fps with the gtx 1070, which makes no sense. I know vorpx works better with nvidia drivers rather than amd drivers, but it’s not happening with other games’ profiles. Is there anything that can be done?

Ralf
    Keymaster

That sounds definitely wrong. Please check whether maybe something is running in the background that also hooks into games, eg. some overlay, GPU utility, screen recording app, messenger etc.

More detailed information on the topic can be found in the help under ‘Trouble Shooting’

sounduke
    Participant

Hi Ralf, thank you for your reply and time.

Before posting here I followed the help section and disabled adrenaline overlay, the EA overlay, and even windows gamebar. There’s nothing else that is interfering. But the problem still persists for both games, and it slows down only when entering the game and not in the menus. Could it be related to how AMD latest drivers handle shaders?

Best Regards,

Sounduke

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!