Pre Buy Question Oculus Quest

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Pre Buy Question Oculus Quest

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    tonaz
    Participant

Does Vorpx work with Oculus Quest?
    Thanks.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Yes. All you need for that is a decent USB3 cable to connect your Quest to your PC via Oculus Link.

tonaz
    Participant

Thanks!
    another question, someone told me that vorpx basically shows videogames on a big virtual screen. No real native vr.
    Is that true for all games?
    Maybe those games supported with profiles are FULL vr?

G3D… Z-Normal… what does this means?

Ralf
    Keymaster

How games are displayed largely depends on the type of game. For first person games Full VR mode is typically the best choice, for third person or other games (e.g. strategy games) it usually makes more sense to play them in either cinema or immersive screen mode.

G3D/Z3D are two different methods to create stereoscpic 3D. With G3D everything is rendered twice like in native VR apps. Z3D on the other hand only renders the image once and applies stereo 3D afterwards. That looks less natural but is a lot faster, so you can play games with higher graphics details settings.

Grocs
    Participant

Just for the record I use my Oculus Quest via the link cable and Vorpx and it works well.

I mainly use it for 3D as opposed to VR, but definitely have had success with VR on some of the profiles I’ve tried.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!