Previously tried games hooking – now untried games not

Homepage Forums Technical Support Previously tried games hooking – now untried games not

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    harveysimpson
    Participant

As per the title, if anyone could shed any light on why only games I have run in Vorpx before are hooking whereas any game untried with Vorpx will no longer hook.

Please!

harveysimpson
    Participant

Re- installed Vorpx and now no games will hook!!

Latest drivers – 2070

Windows 10

Not limited to just steam games.

Any idea Ralf????

Ralf
    Keymaster

The most likely cause of hooking issues is something on your PC that interfers with vorpX. That might even occur after vorpX updates if for example an overzealous AV program does not like the new vorpX version.

Please check the pinned trouble shooting post above for more detailed information on the matter.

harveysimpson
    Participant

Hi Ralf,

Disabled all virus etc and problem persists.

Thing is, it works ok with a vorpx created shortcut.

Can you suggest anything else?

Was working fine before Windows update / vorpx update…

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not really except for a factory reset/full reinstall. Hooking issues are almost always related to something interfering. Please thoroughly go through the guide linked above, even if it worked before.

Note that some third party AV programs are difficult to disable fully. if you use anything else than Windows Defender, get rid of it. Windows Defender kicks in automatically when you remove third party AV programs.

harveysimpson
    Participant

Seems odd that games I have ran previously were working and not the others .

Really gutted as I loved Vorpx…

Ralf
    Keymaster

There will be another hotfix later today that addresses a potential issue with hooking into unknown games. That will probably help you.

harveysimpson
    Participant

Working now Ralf.

After the hotfix.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!