Prey (2017) – great experience!

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Prey (2017) – great experience!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Demuse
    Participant

Just a quick note of appreciation: I’m playing through Prey, using openXR, and it’s a great experience with vorpX. It came out in 2017 which I think is the sweet spot for graphics that look great, with a decent frame rate on my 3080 with G3D. Recommended!

And thanks to Ralf once again for implementing openXR; when I switched over from SteamVR my frame rate shot up and I was able to run at higher resolution.

matteo39
    Participant

HOW TO USE openxr? is possible with oculus?

Demuse
    Participant

I select “OpenXR” in the vorpX configuration menu, General tab, under “Device Selection”. I think if you have an Oculus headset, you should choose the Oculus device for Rift or Quest.

MarcDwonn
    Participant

I’m curious, since you’re playing in G3D: Are you getting artifacts with dynamic shadows? Or are the dynamic shadows disabled in the profile you are using?

Demuse
    Participant

I have shadows set in-game to “medium”… I don’t know if that qualifies as dynamic shadows? I tried putting shadows up to “very high” but my frame rate tanked so I set it back to medium. Generally I don’t notice any graphic artifacts. I’m pretty tolerant of a few glitches, but this game looks graphically better than most.

Laser
    Participant

Otherwise looks good but on G3D some surfaces render black on one eye, only way I could remove this effect was to lower the fov really low but I´d rather switch to z-normal than run on such low fov.

Demuse
    Participant

I have a feeling that problem was worse for me on certain resolutions. I remember seeing it quite a bit early on, when I was still messing with settings. I noticed when changing only resolution, to optimize frame rate, that some were graphically glitchier than others. Once I settled on my (mostly medium) graphics options and 4:3 ratio (if I recall correctly) 3200×2400 res then that black texture problem disappeared for me. I’ve never understood why different resolutions and ratios have different graphics glitches but that’s certainly been my experience with vorpX.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!