Prey 2017 no vorpx menus

Homepage Forums Technical Support Prey 2017 no vorpx menus

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Fairweather
    Participant

Tried running Prey 2017 (Steam, yesterday)but the vorpx menus and logo dont show up and theres no 3d.

Can anyone help?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Sound like a hooking conflict with something alse on your PC that also hooks into games.

If you haven’t done so already, please first try the trouble shooting options that pop up in vorpX’s ‘Attaching To…’ dialog after a minute. The first one (‘Install hook helper’) can often help to resolve hooking issues without having to get to the bottom of the matter.

If that doesn’t help, you have to dig deeper. The pinned trouble shooting post on top of this sub-forum has more details on the matter.

Fairweather
    Participant

The hooker helper doesnt appear at all. The vorpx ”attaching to” window appears and the game launches like other games but the vorpx logo and menus are missing and the game is only present on the monitor, not in the hmd.

I did check the pinned trouble shooting post and every point in it is fulfilled, there is nothing there that would cause problems.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just checked the game for you to make sure there haven’t been any profile breaking changes. Works perfectly fine here (Steam version).

If the vorpX logo isn’t shown there must be some fairly basic issue with hooking into the game. Please double and triple check for anything that might get in the way.

Also please reset the profile to default in the config app. Just in case your profile database is messed up somehow.

If you happen to use any other version than the Steam version, please verify that the main .exe is called ‘prey.exe’. Occasionally it can happen that games uses different .exe names for different editions. If the latter is the case, please let me know, so that I can update the profile accordingly.

Fairweather
    Participant

Yes, checked everything and reset the profile several times. Vorpx window says ”attaching to Prey.exe”. The profile says ”prey.exe” and I can’t edit the name of executable. Doed upper and lower case naming make any difference?

Ralf
    Keymaster

No, filenames under Windows aren’t case sensitive.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!