Price

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    grix
    Participant

According to the latest news, the beta will cost “$40 in the US and 35 euro in the rest of the world”. Why does americans get it cheaper than the rest of us? Why can’t we just pay in USD?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Quite simple: the reason for this are the considerably lower sales taxes in many parts of the US. This makes it possible to sell slightly cheaper over there. If you live elsewhere, your local tax rate applies, regardless of the currency you pay something in. So unfortunately that wouldn’t change anything.

peteski123
    Participant

Hi,
    Considering the Euro is a large part of the world also, contrary to some beliefs. I believe the point was why do we pay more?, why not put up the USD amount so we all pay the same?.You make more money, no one knows this but you and if anyone does a currency calc they see the USD would equate to the same as the Euro. This is a non physical product, no shipping. I would understand more with a physical product.
    just my 2 pence worth

With respect

grix
    Participant

Quite simple: the reason for this are the considerably lower sales taxes in many parts of the US. This makes it possible to sell slightly cheaper over there. If you live elsewhere, your local tax rate applies, regardless of the currency you pay something in. So unfortunately that wouldn’t change anything.

I don’t understand.. You are German, right? Doesn’t that mean that you only pay tax to Germany, regardless of where the customer lives? Are sales to Americans exempt from German taxation?

Either way, how would one even know what country the buyer lives in? What stops us from using a proxy and paying the American price?

museumsteve
    Participant

I’m pretty sure due to EU rules, all transactions to EU customers will be vatable at German VAT rates. Sales to US wont be vatable. Using a proxy is cheating the system and aside from anything else is morally wrong. Why cant people just accept that sometimes the same products cost different prices in different countries (all products not just vorpX)

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ grix: payment is handled by an international digital distribution service. And just to clarify this: if there would be one price for all, it would have to be the higher one, so nothing to gain here. Sorry. :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!