Problem updating

Homepage Forums Technical Support Problem updating

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jjensson
    Participant

Hi Ralf. I’m trying to start VorpX (with my new Rift S), and VorpX is set to automatically update. But it throws an error because the updater needs to be registered with the firewall to have access to the internet. I enable access and restart the app. But this time the updater has a different name (!) and can’t connect again, and i have to enable internet access to the “new” updater. Rinse and repeat.

Why is this so user-unfriendly, and how can i update VorpX, without having to disable my firewall?

Ralf
    Keymaster

This is no problem with the Windows firewall at default settings.

If the auto update fails for you due to some unusual firewall settings on your machine, you can use the vorpX web installer to install the latest version manually.

jjensson
    Participant

I use Windows 10 Firewall Control. It’s just a better interface for the Windows Firewall. But it stops every connection out per default, for apps that are not registered. Which is the case when it’s an EXE that has a different name every time the update is repeated.

I found my web installer, but i hope that i don’t have a problem with this in the future (constant popups from the firewall).

Thanks for the quick response.

Ralf
    Keymaster

But it stops every connection out per default

That’s the problem. A more usual firewall setup would be deny incoming/allow outgoing.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!