Problem with 1rst Person Guns

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Problem with 1rst Person Guns

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    RJK_
    Participant

Hello there,

I havent played first person shooters with VorpX because of the motion sickness i initially had experienced.

Now since this seems to be gone i ran into a little problem with Depth Settings in a Game running with G3D.

I dont know (yet) if any other 1 rst person game behaves like that too.

I mainly set 3D Strengh to a value where everthing looks natural, keeping this value to 0 makes the game 3D but still kind of flat compared to lets say a value of 2 or 3. I set this value at maximum depth without destroying the normal gun view.

Most 1st person shooters have a sniper mode where you lift the gun in front of your head for shooting. Here is where the problems occurs. The convergence of the stereo image moves behind my head so i cant use the sniper mode, left and right at gun view is too much separated while distant objects remain ok. In normal mode ( a bit further away from the eye ) guns look all right.

Now if i want to use the sniper mode i must set 3D Strenght to 0 which in return makes the 3D effect not so nice.

Is this normal in 1 st person shooters or can this only be adjusted with internal tools ? If you own Call of Duty 1, you can use my profile from the cloud to see what i mean.

steph12
    Participant

hello,

does it happen only in call of duty ? i played a few shooters in G3D using vorpx and i didnt get this issue with sniper scope.

RJK_
    Participant

Havent played any other shooters in that mode yet.The thing is pushing 3D Depth ruins Sniper Mode. When you leave it to 0 sniper mode is ok.

steph12
    Participant

i have no idea then i’m sorry, i didnt play call of duty 1 with vorpx.
    maybe Ralf could answer ^^

RJK_
    Participant

I found out a trick how to enjoy a nice 3D Depth and still use the sniper mode.
    “Simply” assign Enable/Disable Stereo 3D to the key where you bring up sniper mode with (in my case right mouse button). We are lucky that vorpX and a game both can use the same key, so for example rasing the 3D Strenght to 2 or 3 in games like Code of Honor , Call of Duty makes the stereo much nicer and more realistic, it does not hurt to disable stereo while sniper mode is active.

Another thing (probably everyone else is using this already, well for me it took some time) if too much 3D stength or FOV setting is distorting text, pressing this button can be used also for better readability.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!