problem with gamepad xbox one(wireless)

Homepage Forums Technical Support problem with gamepad xbox one(wireless)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    xnemphisx
    Participant

In some games, the gamepad works fine, but in about half of the games I can’t go to the left stick. if I usually go to the left stick, and on the right stick I have a camera rotation, now I rotate the camera on both sticks. Another problem is that in all the games in which I play with the gamepad I don’t see the gamepad key in the game, for example, I need to recharge my weapon and press the X button, but in the game I am offered to press the R button as if I play from the keyboard.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Some games disable the mouse when a gamepad is used, which in turn disables head tracking in vorpX in many cases if vorpX needs the mouse to apply head tracking. The gamepad emulation is freely configurable.

You can find the according settings in the vorpX menu (‘Input Settings’ page > Override X-Box Gamepad). There you can also remap keys.

IMPORTANT: If ‘Override X-Box Gamepad’ is set to anything else than ‘None’ per default, you will usually break head tracking by changing this option.

xnemphisx
    Participant

There is no problem with head tracking, for example, in resident Evil 7 or outlast, I cannot go to the left stick. On the left stick, for some reason, I have to turn my head like on the right stick. As if I had 2 right stickes on my gamepad. at the same time, head rotation is working fine.

Ralf
    Keymaster

There would be an issue with head tracking if you disable the gamepad emulation I mentioned above.

In case you already changed any settings in the vorpX menu please reset the profile to its default values in the config app (‘Trouble Shooting’ page) or even do a full factory reset.

With default gamepad emulation settings vorpX emulates emulates WASD keys with the left stick while the right stick emulates the mouse.

Also reset the RE7 input settings to default if you made changes there.

xnemphisx
    Participant

The fact is that I did not change any of the settings that are related to the movement, the only thing I changed was the sensitivity of turning the head. Ie I start the game and already have a problem with the gamepad in half of the games, but I did not touch the settings with the control at all

Ralf
    Keymaster

Never heard of anything like this before, sorry. The gamepad emulation behaves like described above per default. Left stick: WASD, right stick: mouse.

Just in case: check whether you maybe accidentally have an external gamepad emulation software running that might interfere (e.g. X-Padder or Pinnacle Profiler).

If a full factory reset does not solve your issue and you also can’t identify any external problem, the best course of action is probably to play with mouse and keyboard instead.

xnemphisx
    Participant

Thanks, I’ll try resetting the settings and write if it helped.

vosmik79
    Participant

I also have a problem, my xbox wireless gamepad does not work under vorpx, as the keys of the gamepad are replaced by the keyboard

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!