Problem with Rift S

Homepage Forums Technical Support Problem with Rift S

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    xnemphisx
    Participant

Most games that previously worked on the CV1, Do not work on the rift S. Games crash to desktop on startup

Ralf
    Keymaster

I can 100% guarantee that this is a conincidence on your machine. Rift S is used for development purposes here since it came out. There is no problem with it.

Please first try a full factory reset in the vorpX config app (trouble shooting page). If that does not help, go through the trouble shooting steps here. Start issues/crashes with multiple games that worked before sound a lot like a conflict with another program on your PC that also hooks into games.

xnemphisx
    Participant

I changed the device literally 2 weeks ago to S. I played outlast, and a couple more games that now do not work on S. The computer is quite powerful, I did not install new programs that could affect the work

Ralf
    Keymaster

I understand that. Please still follow the trouble shooting steps linked above.

You can be sure that there would be many more reports of Rift S problems if a device specific issue like the one you reported would exist. Not only is the headset used here for development regularly, as you can imagine there are also many others using it. VR apps, vorpX included, don’t do anything different for Rift S than they do for the original Rift.

I’m really sorry that you have to go through this, but there is 100% another reason for your issues. It’s not the Rift S.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just checked Outlast and there seems to be an issue with the game. Nothing Rift S related, it’s a general problem, happens with all headsets. I’ll see what can be done.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!