Profile database update 20/01/31

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Profile database update 20/01/31

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

A few versions back a new feature had been introduced that allows to update your local profile database in between vorpX releases, making it easier to distribute new or updated profiles without you having to download them manually in the config app. Today this is used for the first time to auto-fix the most recent World of WarCraft version.

When you launch vorpX, you should see a message asking whether you want to install an updated profile database. Clicking ‘Yes’ downloads and installs it silently in the background. If you don’t see the same prompt next time you launch vorpX, all went well. Potentially installed user profiles and custom settings should still be there afterwards.

If you encounter any issues with the profile update process, please let me know. It has been tested on a number of machines when it was developed last year, but never used in the wild until today, so who knows.

steph12
    Participant

thanks for the heads up Ralf :)

nice way to keep profiles up to date ^^

Eola667
    Participant

Many thanks Ralf, pretty useful feature to have.

zig11727
    Participant

Great !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Worked Like a Charm.

Thanks,

jeesssy
    Participant

thanks Ralf

Eola667
    Participant

By the way, I noticed a new The Sims 4 profile set to geometry and a warning about 3D strength in first person, yet there’s no G3D to be seen in it, is it a placeholder for a work in progress?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Thanks for the heads-up. It’s not a placeholder, but will only work with the next vorpX version since it uses a game specific shader parser for creating stereo 3D that isn’t available in the current release. Shader parsers are written directly in C++ and thus new parsers can only be provided with new vorpX versions.

I’ll re-upload the database without the Sims 4 profile for now to avoid further confusion. You can expect support for the game in the next vorpX. Works great.

Eola667
    Participant

Holy… that’s the best news I could have possibly received, sometimes I think you’re an actual wizard Ralf.

apollon01
    Participant

Ralf, vorpX keeps asking me on every launch. I suppose it fails to install the database update?

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you closed vorpX immediately after clicking yes, please try to leave it running for a while. The download is only 6mb, so normally fetching the update should take only a few seconds, but with a slow connection or some network hiccup between you and the server it might still take a little while. Just start vorpX and use it normally. Everything else happens in the background.

Also exclude the vorpX program folder (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Animation Labs\vorpX) from your AV scanner. Just in case.

If the above doesn’t solve the issue, please create a trouble shoot data archive in the config app after a vorpX session and send it to support |at| vorpx com. I’d like to check your logfile in that case to see at which point the process fails.

BlossomandWren
    Participant

Hi Ralf can I clarify from the post thread that the next version of vorpX will allow SIMS 4 to be played in VR first person mode? I am doing a PhD and will be using SIMS 4 as part of my methodology, it would be amazing if the participants could experience SIMS in VR :) When will the new version be out?

Ralf
    Keymaster

No date set yet, but it will be out soon. One caveat re Sims 4 first person: while it has a freely adjustable FOV, which is great, the game’s first person camera is fairly laggy unfortunately, so FullVR mode is not for the faint at heart. Probably better to use immersive screen mode instead for anything else than walking around a bit.

Eola667
    Participant

I’m anticipating it quite a bit, though I’m one of the crazies that’s immune to ill effects from VR, I can walk around even if the game I’m playing’s camera does warping cartwheels without issue.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!