Project Warlock

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Project Warlock

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    slydk1982
    Participant

In about 3 days this game comes out and I would love it to run in vr.
    But the devs donĀ“t have vr support for Project Warlock wich is a shame.
    So I was hoping for a vorpx profile for it.. But its engine is Unity3D.
    Will that make any troubles??

Ralf
    Keymaster

There will be a Unity 5 base profile in the next vorpX version (due later this week) that programatically parses shaders and theoretically – hopefully also practically – should enable basic G3D support for most Unity 5 games.

Caveat: It only provides basic G3D, shadow/UI detection or more advanced DirectVR stuff like automatic FOV adjustment etc. is not covered.

slydk1982
    Participant

Okay, that is great news. Atleast for getting G3D in unity. Will there maybe come FOV adjustment later on with that profile?

Ralf
    Keymaster

There is no general way to change a game’s FOV, that’s something that is handled on a game to game basis by the game devs, so no way to cover it in a general profile.

You always can deal with FOV the old fashioned way though by using the ‘Image Zoom’ setting combined with ‘G3D FOV Enhancement’ (the latter only if possible without visual glitches). That’s also how it’s done for official profiles if no other option to adjust the FOV exists.

Not 100% perfect since depending on the amount of zoom required this method results in more or less annoying black bars. But it works for virtually any game.

slydk1982
    Participant

When will the update come?? And what will that profile name be? Just Unity?

slydk1982
    Participant

Something changed when I exited the game and then started it up again. I could finally change fov and hud. This is amazing!!! I made a profile for this game in the cloud, if anyone wanna try it out :)

ronnin82
    Participant

As far as I know the update come out about a month ago. If you haven’t played it yet there is a discount on Steam, so you can grab it for less money :)

haints
    Participant

This doesn’t look like it is running in actual 3D. I mean, the levels might be 3D, but the enemies look like 2D sprites. If you’ve ever played the original Doom in VR you’ll know that 2D enemies don’t translate that well into 3D. They just look like paper cut outs.

slydk1982
    Participant

And that does not ruin the game for me. I like retro games ;)

@Ronnin82
    , yes I git it on GOG when it first came there. Pretty cool in vr. I made a profile for it :)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!