PSVR

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    SirBrando
    Participant

Hi everyone, I’m Brandon. I’m new here. I have a few questions.

I am running windows 8.1

One: I’m using a psvr headset, and can only use Generic VR headset.

Two: When I try to switch it with win+arrow key it dose not work.

If anyone could help me that would be awesome, and from what I have seen so far with this software is amazing. <3

fable09
    Participant

I use Acer MVR headset, each time I switch to window it ask for Winter + Y ke ( slightly different ) , if Left Windows key doesnt work please try the right Windows key

SirBrando
    Participant

I’ve tried with all the arrow keys. Win+shift arrow keys. None of them work. I will keep testing and trying different ways to see if I can get it to work.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I never tried a PSVR, but I’m pretty sure there is a better way to do this than the “Generic Headset” mode. The tutorial below uses vorpX in SteamVR mode and Trinus for streaming to the headset. Despite being easier to handle such a setup probably also can provide head tracking.

PlaystationVR+Vorpx Tutorial

SirBrando
    Participant

Thank you Ralf, I have looked at the video, but for some odd reason it just wont let me use the SteamVR, on Trinus I have it set to SteamVR, but when I load Vorpx with SteamVR, I cant use mouse and keyboard, along with not being able to switch the display, I have tried the windows key shift and arrow keys, but none of them seem to work.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Following the tutorial to the letter should get you going.

To me it looks like the guy in the video uses SteamVR in direct mode not in desktop mode, but I might be mistaken. If that’s the case there should be no need to switch the display. Can’t really say much more though, I don’t have a PSVR to try.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!