Q about Z3D in G3D-supported games

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Q about Z3D in G3D-supported games

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jjensson
    Participant

I’m doing my homework before jumping fully into VR and trying to clear up as many question marks as possible.

Q: Can i assume that every game that is capable of running vorpX in G3D, automatically supports Z3D? Or is the issue more complex? Are there games that run *only* in G3D?

While this might sound like trying to downgrade, my goal is to play only the games in G3D that don’t require Ambient Occlusion to look good (mostly engines that heavily use lightmaps, like Source or Unreal Engine). Newer games with fully dynamic lighting would look better in Z3D IMO (i never recovered from the trauma of Doom 3’s “per pixel lighting”, but i digress… :) )

Come to think of it, the last paragraph makes sense from a performance standpoint as well.

RJK_
    Participant

Q: Can i assume that every game that is capable of running vorpX in G3D, automatically supports Z3D?

I wonder about that too, to be more precise if -All Supported DX9/11 Games- do support Z3D. Cant test them all unfortunateley. Supported OpenGL games do not as far i have tested.

Ralf
    Keymaster

There are G3D only games, but most G3D games also have Z3D.

RJK_
    Participant

Thank you Ralf!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!